A Mostly True, if Unflattering, Real "First Deer" Story

sman

Wonderful story!

Scrapy

Banned
We always had plenty of deer here. First one I shot at 11 was a doe. I was forgiven because it was a doe. It went baah. Nobody would have stole it. Does were for ignoramuses and out laws back in those days.
I was ashamed but she stuck her head up behind a myrtle bush . And was told don't let one get by me. Today I would be a hero.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Tip top Hillbilly. My calves were aching humping up and down those ridges with you. Heartbreaker about losing the deer to some ne'er-do-well. You still got on the scoreboard for the first time and that's the memory that lasts.:cool:

HuntinDawg89

NCH,

That was an outstanding story, you've got some genuine writing talent. I got caught up in it and was really hoping you'd find that deer.

I could see the expression on that cat's face as he was sailing through the truck.

This comment made me laugh out loud.

Forest Grump

:clap: Great story...

(You know, you're alright...I don't care what they say about ya...):bounce:

although that part about the peach pits...oww...:eek:

Lotta memories in that tale... thanks...:cheers:

Last edited:

ted_BSR

That brought a little tear to my eye. Not 'cause it is sad (even though it is a little bit), but 'cause it is a story told by a man about being a boy hunting with his friend. Great job, I really enjoyed that.

Forest Grump

More than 878 people should read this story; btt.

Scrapy

Banned
Kind of paralleling a sad sad story. me and a friend that lived ten miles away and went to different high schools wound up going to the same religions Junior College. We sort of recognized each other from those 50 man stand deer hunts with a dozen packs of hounds.
We hitch hiked home a time or two during deer season. Mostly worked out fine till one day we got stranded on I 26 and cound not beg a ride. We walked all the way to the fairgrounds where the Grand American Coon Hunt is held, but we did not know that at the time. We both had a little money in the bank from high school days of picking and packing watermelons. Anyway, we got to a service station near the Fairgrounds that had a CARHMAHN GIA . Parked out front for $350. We each wrote a check for half. It ran but the back floorboard was obviously rusted out but we could drop our "empties" through the hole , also a broke out back window.
Since he lived 10 miles farther than me, he was to drop me off and pick me back up on Sunday.
About 5 miles before we got to my house we were meeting a tractor trailer and it was about dusk dark. A horned deer jumped in the road and the tractor trailer hit it in the head. It took us 100 feet to stop, while it took the van driver two hundred yards.

My buddy said "grab that deer" we can eat it. Then he said "open the trunk" . I opened the rear engine compartment and he said, "no, you fool , open the hood". We threw it in still kicking some. The truck driver was still one hundred yards away but running and closing fast and cussing a blue streak. I slammed the hood and we took off. Somehow I felt like a thief, I do not know why. By the time we got to my house it had come back to life and dimpled that hood/trunk like hail from the inside.

Anyway he had to get gone to practice for being a Best Man, other than the daddy of course, at his friend's wedding. Which left me to butcher the deer . It was beating up the inside of what was left of our car we both grabbed a tire tool before we popped the hood in my out building. We made short work of that . He took off. I welded up a gambrel and skinned and gutted , sawed ; All that stuff. Found a front shoulder and a half of a loin bloodshot. Was a going to just freeze the rest without a whole lot of trimming. So I went in my aparents house which has always been considered "my house" by me.[ I famous liberal term is a " SENCE OF PLACE" and made room in the freezer. About 2 in the morning, when I went in to make room in the freezer I left the meat out on the front porch in a wash tub. When I went back out to get our stolen meat, my yard dog had stolen our stolen deer's two loins and a hind quarter. May be that happened to your fellow.
Any way' sad story shorter to a diligent young man that , knew he was not that dedicated to learning anything but honest facts ;

So why can not necesarily so? I I O U . I, O. U. o know a young guy, and I will. If He thinks to know about the Constitution, I beg him to read it over and over and over ever time a SUPREEME , decision gets passed down.

Last edited:

Scrapy

Banned
Porgy and Bess, It aint nessacarily so . Whatever< Whatever is a a Liberal term from yung la da thatsay Pretty girls me.

Scrapy

Banned
Ny York times. " It ain't nesacaerily so!!!v Drama , play, It aint nessacarily so.

Sounds like I AM ARGUE, ing with a prettyin the perogive sence.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks again, guys!