Too many deer

Permitchaser

We have to many deer in our neighborhood. They run around it herds and rub down our small magnolia
So the other day I got back in my truck after a swim workout and I had a text and phone call from my wife. So I gave her a call immediately. She said there’s a dead deer under on dining room bay window
So when I got home I could tell it had been run over, guts out. Probably UPS hit it. This is a first after living here 30 years
So I put a rope on its back legs and drug it to the creek area. Got 4 bags of hydrated lime and covered it up. Of course Coyotes found it and I had to cover it again
No I don’t eat them deer

Attachments

• AE6840E8-42B2-4CB4-AC13-5817DC84EE6F.jpeg
    AE6840E8-42B2-4CB4-AC13-5817DC84EE6F.jpeg
    416.1 KB · Views: 149
  • F4077DA6-D756-46A8-9230-773A1D8ED18C.jpeg
    F4077DA6-D756-46A8-9230-773A1D8ED18C.jpeg
    482.3 KB · Views: 148

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Road kill cafe?

Big7

The Oracle
We got them bad here too.

They love my Azaleas and when I put out Fescue and Ryegrass, they tear it up..

Don't really know what to do. A bow shot always leads to a tracking job and some folks in my neighborhood would freak out.

That, and I don't have a bow. :LOL:

This one got hit just 2 or 3 nights ago.
20231026_203334.jpg

ucfireman

I have call Gwinnett to pick up 4 dead deer in the last week, all bucks, 2 small and 2 headless, so I assume they had nice antlers.
Didnt call about a doe because I didnt see the cross street.
Had 4 hit, doe, and 3 smaller grown ones about 2-3 months ago.
Called the county for them too.
All these within about a mile of each other except 1.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I have call Gwinnett to pick up 4 dead deer in the last week, all bucks, 2 small and 2 headless, so I assume they had nice antlers.
Didnt call about a doe because I didnt see the cross street.
Had 4 hit, doe, and 3 smaller grown ones about 2-3 months ago.
Called the county for them too.
All these within about a mile of each other except 1.
Tree stand location

Permitchaser

We called the county and animal control and they weren’t interested. I have 2 bird dogs I don’t want rolling in a coyote feed. Coyotes got to it first nite and ate from the back to front. Just had the neck head and bones left when I covered it again with dirt and lime. My older bird dog keeps hanging around below it at the creek. Coyote must have marked it

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That’s crazy, but not surprising really. That many deer, there’s probably a bunch of yotes too ….I’d have put a camera on it :rockon:
And definitely keep the old dog away from it before it rolls all in it….yuck!

transfixer

neighborhoods in areas where people don't hunt, or can't hunt, and the neighborhood has some woods scattered around, with plenty of nice landscaping, will have plenty of deer ! no way around it, the deer didn't move into the neighborhood, the neighborhood as built in the deer's home area ,

The problem won't solve itself, it will only get worse, unless someone starts hunting them, and not just a few, county won't care about one that dies in your yard, next time drag it out into the edge of the road, and then call them, they'll come get it .

Latest posts