Need advice on new tent

TREXBOWKILL

I have a good tent that is just getting broken in, it is almost like new, it is only 24 years old. My wife wants us to get a new one, even though I explained to her that our barely broken in tent is very reliable-it leaks when it rains and is watertight when it isn't raining. :huh::confused::confused::confused:

My question is , what is a good brand name brand for a large tent (8-12 person). Also, we are seeking a bargain.

Thanks for your help

TREXBOWKILL

Mr. Green Jeans

Check out this one on Craigslist...

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/spo/1235565544.html

Brand New 9 Person Tent, never been used, just put up in our yard and decided it wasnt going to work for our large family. This tent has 3 seperate sleeping spaces that will hold a queen mattress in each space and also has a living space in the middle for other things or for another mattress. It retails for 400.00, but we paid 200.00, but now just want to get rid of it, instead of having to pay shipping cost to send it back.

greene_dawg

Just keep in mind if you are going to be camping at state parks that a tent that size will limit you to certain sites. I have a Coleman 6 man dome tent that almost spills over the sides of most tent pads.

TREXBOWKILL

Thanks for the info, I will get busy checking out the websites!

Greene Dawg, I agree with you about the small sites at state parks, our large tent usually spills over the site.

Thanks again!

TREXBOWKILL

money-dog

there's a 3 room tent in the swap and sell section for $100 I don't remember where it is located, but it would be worth a look

TREXBOWKILL

Money-dog, I saw the tent over in the swap and sell section also, I mapquested the town and it is about a 3 hour drive each way. I am looking a little closer to home. Thanks for the head up though!

TREXBOWKILL

TREXBOWKILL

Mr. Green Jeans, thanks for the link to craigslist, I called the seller, but he had already sold the tent and purchased a new one, which he highly recommended . So I took his advice and purchased a Swiss Army 12 person 3 room tent from SAM's Club for $99.00 marked down from $154.00. We camped at Unicoi State Park for 5 days and we were very pleased. Thanks again

TREXBOWKILL