Looking for 1822 musket converted to percussion

tv_racin_fan

Dixie is awesome. I got my fathers muzzleloader from dixie gun works and a pistol to go with it

tv_racin_fan

I frequently drool over the cannons they have...

What pistol did you get? I just built a CVA kit that looks just like the Deer Creek Hawken handgun. I got that kit for $50 off the S&S here.

a34

Thanks guys. I can't seem to find a reproduction of the gun. Guess I might have to buy an original one, if I can find one. :0(

marktaylor99

a34,
Dixie carries the Pedersoli M1816 percussion conversion. This is the only reproduction of what you are looking for I know of. The Pedersoli gun is close to the originals but has a few minor flaws. Also the percussion "conversion" is the drum (Remington) method rather than the cone in barrel (Belgian). The cone in barrel conversion was much more common.
Loyalist Arms sells a reproduction US M1835/40 (Similiar to the 1822) with a cone in barrel conversion. I have never seen one in person so I cannot attest to quality or safety, but I have heard stories that they are lacking both.
I wish someone would make a good repro of the 1816/22.

a34

a34,
Dixie carries the Pedersoli M1816 percussion conversion. This is the only reproduction of what you are looking for I know of. The Pedersoli gun is close to the originals but has a few minor flaws. Also the percussion "conversion" is the drum (Remington) method rather than the cone in barrel (Belgian). The cone in barrel conversion was much more common.
Loyalist Arms sells a reproduction US M1835/40 (Similiar to the 1822) with a cone in barrel conversion. I have never seen one in person so I cannot attest to quality or safety, but I have heard stories that they are lacking both.
I wish someone would make a good repro of the 1816/22.

Thanks for the info Mark. I'll check it out.