perrenial whitetail clover?

syates32

I planted my 1st food plot in late september about 2 acres with perrenial clover from the Whitetail Institute. It is coming up great on 75% of the plot but it is thin in some areas. I think I may have covered the seed to deep in a couple of the spots. Would you not worry about the bare spots or overseed with something? Or could it still come up being only about a month since I planted it if it was covered too deep?

Muygrande

Depends a lot on soil compaction. Those tiny seeds only have a little power built up to bust through the soil. I would take an ATV harrow, bust it up lightly to hopefully expose some of the seed then hit it again with the clover seer and let it sit without covering. I planted a lot of this stuff and it is awesome. I only got three years out of it in South Georgia but it was worth the money. Superior nutrition but they necessitate a lot of care. Don't let grass and weeds get out of control and any fertlizer used should have No nitrogen like 0-15-15 or 0-15-25. It produces it's own nitrogen and adding anymore will bring on the onslaught of weeds and grass. :type: