Firearms this weekend on Cohutta?..or Muzzleoader

trckdrvr

thats what i thought..thx

Got confused by several posts on here about muzz openig this weekend(i knew that)...but they were going up on the mountain on a bear hunt?..must just be going to hunt the national forest for bear with their muzzles'...
Thx for reply

Cohutta is a check-in firarms hunt according to the book..but i started second guessing myself..

deerslayer357

I'm going to Cohutta and yes, it is a firearms hunt, not muzzleloader.

trckdrvr

10-4..i won't be up till tonight..or even in the morn.

Hope you get a Bear,Deer and a Hog...can shoot them all.........right.

Boy i really need to find the book..

I had one somewhere.

deerslayer357

go to gohuntgeorgia.com and they have a reg book online. I know we can shoot bucks and bears. Does are off limits this hunt, but i don't know about hogs.

trckdrvr

I was wondering about that also...seems like you can shoot hogs.

Lots of 'm up there..my buddy shot 1 with his bow last week'end.(not on Cohutta)

Big couple hundred pounds/black/razor sharp tusks....gonna have the head mounted.

General3388

Hogs are legal for this hunt. I think the only day ill be able to go is Sunday. Good luck up there this weekend guys.

timberghost1

bring your frog suits,,its gonna pour rain friday and early sat. but i have had better luck in the rain anyways... cohutta is a good place to hunt.. good luck to you all and be careful..

Booger

I will be setting up camp friday night. I will be hunting saturday and sunday. If you see a white Dodge 2500 with Dade county tags stop in and say hey. Be nice to meet fellow Woody guys. :cool:

mbyers

tell me how to get there from helen, if I can get a kitchen pass i'll head on up. the rifles are clean but need the dust blown out

trckdrvr

tell me how to get there from helen, if I can get a kitchen pass i'll head on up. the rifles are clean but need the dust blown out

I dont know how to get there from Helen..but i hope you come up..im gonna need help dragging my Bear out:D
(or i'll help drag yours)