Copper pots

blindhog

I've been reading around the net that some hunters are starting to really like the copper pots. Saying they give a good raspy sound. I've never even heard one.

Any of you pot makers know something to tell?

Dudley Do-Wrong

Never tried it, I know that copper tarnishes real easy.

You can control a certain amount of raspiness by how tight you grip a striker; a loose grip will produce rasp.

You should be able to run one at the turkey-rama and see how you like it.

LKennamer

I like 'em

Wayne Carlton gave me one years back when he first started making them, and I picked up another a couple years later. They have a glass top, and yes, the copper tarnishes, but you can polish it if you want it to shine (I don't). The second one is camoed anyway. With the right striker they have a good sound, I like it because it has a lot of carry to it, I use a real slate for soft stuff and the copper pot when I want the sound to carry more. Like all friction calls, the sound will only be good if the striker matches the call.

Huntinfool

I've got one on the way to me in a couple of weeks from Andy Kaiser. If you guys haven't seen his stuff, you'll be amazed. Really good call maker.

He's making me a copper pot and he says he really likes them. I'll post a pic when I get it.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
Kaiser Kalls

I have three of Andy's calls and they look as good as they sound, I think I will give him a call about a copper pot!

alex30808

Is the POT actually made from copper or is it just the surface??? I have seen only one "Copper POT" but have seen many company's making a copper surfaced call.

LKennamer

The pot is copper on mine, the surface is glass with two different types of surfaces, one rougher and one smoother.

Nitro

Banned
Just get on the list for one of Darrin Dawkin's Aluminum calls and be done with it.

That dang Gobblin Lawyer challenged me ( a non believer ) and I was proven wrong.

Great calls. Wait list is too long.....:banginghe

GAGE

GONetwork Member
agarr said:
Just get on the list for one of Darrin Dawkin's Aluminum calls and be done with it.

Wait list is too long.....:banginghe

I already have one , Darrins calls are great working calls but Andy's are both great working and extremely attractive and a little cheaper too!

Huntinfool

Oh, no...I'm talking about a wood pot. Andy's making me a pot that uses copper as the striking surface. Never seen a pot made from copper.

Huntinfool

Does Darrin have a website or anything? I'd like to take a look at some of his calls.

captainhook

I've got a copper in a cocobola pot from Larry Gresser that's awesome. I also have a slate and glass by Gresser. I have seven Kaisers and they are the ----!

Huntinfool

Well, here's the great unveiling!! It came in the mail today from Andy and man is it cool! It's got a really great raspy sound. I've tried the striker he sent and two different others. All give that raspy sound, but very different pitches....and I love it! Plus it's really purty...and that's really what it's all about ain't it? Copper over glass. It's definitely unique.

01Foreman400

Staff member
That is a great looking call. I just ordered 2 paddles a slate a crystal and an aluminum from Mr. Dawkins.

Darrell

Latest posts