Law School Graduation

sureshot375

After seven long years, 4 at Emory 3 at Mercer law, I received my Juris Doctorate this morning. I am very excited about getting to have a life again. Only a few months of study left before taking the bar in July. I am very thankful to be done with school.

Attachments

• chase grad.jpg
    chase grad.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,688

CraigS1001

Excellent job and all the best for a great career! We have 3 attorneys in our immediate family, 2 criminal-civil, and 1 family law (eyes on a Family Court Judgeship). We also have one in law school now. I guess you could say we are all "lawyered up". Ha....

Again, Congratulations my friend!!

Worley

Graduation

As mentioned above, congratulations on a very BIG accomplishment. May your best days be ahead of you. ;)

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Awesome Man! Congratulations!

Wahoo Creek

Dear Dr. Sureshot:

Congrats to you on your degree.

My advice to you is to take a week or so off and then buckle down with barbri and the other review course. Treat your studies like a full time job. 8 hours a day, 5-6 days a week.

Not so long from now, you will look back with fond memories of Kosek, Sabbath, Wells, Blumoff, Watson and whoever else you had. And along about the end of July, you'll have some good stories to tell about taking the bar and the idiot you sat beside.

Good luck.

sureshot375

Thanks everyone.

Wahoo it sounds like you did this not so long ago. I think your advice is solid. I'll be working barbri questions as soon as my books arrive.

Bryannecker

A Law degree is a Wonder thing to have....

Congratulations!
It will worth all the long nights of reading cases and briefing said cases.

Watch out for the Multi-state questions, since the most right answer is the way it was back in 1973.

Good Luck, and I really mean it.

Capt. Jimmy B., J. D. :flag:

Cavalry Scout

Congratulations! That is a real achievment, my 16 year old has set his sights on law.

Mackey

After seven long years, 4 at Emory 3 at Mercer law, I received my Juris Doctorate this morning. I am very excited about getting to have a life again. Only a few months of study left before taking the bar in July. I am very thankful to be done with school.

Congratulations, my hope is that you will not be so focused on the financial gains of the profession that you loose sight of the business of, and you can offer some fair and logical "Jurisprudence" to this great nation. May you go on to the supreme court.

Killer

The multi state will kill you if your not prepared. I probably don't need to give any advice since you had 3 years of school.

You plan on staying in Macon?

MudDucker

Staff member
Get your life back after law school ... lol ... you are in for a rude awakening. Twenty five years since I graduated law school and I still haven't gotten my life back. Congratulations!

16gauge

"The law is a jealous mistress." Trust me, I know, I have been married to it for nearly 32 years and it has been a blast. Congratulations.

16gauge
University of Alabama School of Law, 1979

sureshot375

I do plan on staying in Macon. Thanks for all the kind words. I'm in the books pretty hard getting ready for the bar. I don't want to have to take it twice.