To the Ol' Tom "Pro Staffers" here.....

Nitro

Banned
Love the vests.

Hate the tiny pockets and crappy zippers. Lost my favorite set of Gerber ratchet cutters and limb saw from the side pocket during Sundays combat maneuvers.

Let the powers that be know I am billing them $30.00 for the replacements.:rofl:

If I send my design for the "Pro Hunter's" vest, will they give me some free T shirts or a hat???:D

It will feature a pocket big enough for a power bar, a pair of gloves and a "Turkey " pouch that is actually big enough to hold a dead Gobbler.

Other than that, I am thrilled with the vest- so far.::gone:

chadf

I would have to agree with you on the dead bird pocket in the rear! I've tried multiple birds....even a 13lb didn't fit???? I know!

I've had good luck with my zipper so far. The pockets are small width wise on mine. If you put more than what you need it is buldging out and uncomfortable.

You unbuckle your bottom strap when you setup on a tree? I found that to help with some, complicate others...

I'm still blown away with the turkey cargo area in the back! What were they thinking?

*it does breath pretty well! Back pocket holds my binos and big water bottle pretty good!

chadf

I'd send them the bill for the clippers, with a set of plans for the "IMPROVED" vest and a contract for agreements on "NEW" vest!!!!

Don't think they would have a problem with shirts and terms of contract.

Will ya throw you in for me to test?

trkyburns

Don't trust the magnet attachments to hold the pocket closed... I should have known better but I lost my best striker when it slid right out of the pocket when it wasn't zipped.

I have a problem with the slate call pouches being too small too.

I don't put a bird in the back pocket so that doesn't bother me... I like to get the back of my pants leg bloody :)

I do wish it had a water bottle pocket somewhere on it. Or better yet, a camelback system!

Nitro

Banned
Don't trust the magnet attachments to hold the pocket closed... I should have known better but I lost my best striker when it slid right out of the pocket when it wasn't zipped.

I have a problem with the slate call pouches being too small too.

I don't put a bird in the back pocket so that doesn't bother me... I like to get the back of my pants leg bloody :)

I do wish it had a water bottle pocket somewhere on it. Or better yet, a camelback system!

Zipper unraveled.... I hadn't noticed.

10-4 on the other comments. Overall, the vests are poorly designed and constructed- still the best on the market which shows how much opportunity for improvement still exists.

I will be reaching out to the honchos at Ol Tom later ....:D

Redbeard

Man, don't go stuffin' that beautiful bird in no pouch......you worked hard for him........let him soak yer bottom with the blood of a warrior, let that beak bounce all up and down yer leg as you trek home. Such a noble bird deserves it, save the bags fer doves.......

TK1

..thought they were junk also..Ive yet to replace my original NWTF vest from the early 90`s...wish they would reproduce some more of them in that design..

Nitro

Banned
Man, don't go stuffin' that beautiful bird in no pouch......you worked hard for him........let him soak yer bottom with the blood of a warrior, let that beak bounce all up and down yer leg as you trek home. Such a noble bird deserves it, save the bags fer doves.......

Now, you know I let em do the rodeo to the truck........:rofl:

My buddy Scott was a little "perturbed " that my pants smeared blood all over his cloth truck seat Saturday.......:rofl: oops....

trkyburns

..thought they were junk also..Ive yet to replace my original NWTF vest from the early 90`s...wish they would reproduce some more of them in that design..

I don't necessarily think they're junk. I just think they can be improved upon and with a few changes they could be by far the best vests out there...

Especially with a built-in camelback system... i'd pay good money for that... (are ya listening OT?)

If you typically carry a ton of gear in the woods then this vest probably isn't for you. I have found that if I try to put too much stuff in one pocket it kind of throws the whole fit of the vest out of whack and makes it uncomfortable.

One last complaint while I'm complaining... I don't like how the zipper pulls on the outside bottom pockets clink together when I'm walking. I know they're only plastic, but it still makes a noise.

Nitro

Banned
Agreed on all points. I do wear my NWTF Elite 2 during the early season. It's good gear.

The little zipper pulls are easy to remove with a sharp knife..:D

I sent Ol Tom an email..... we shall see if I get a reply..."Field Expert"- here I come!!!!:rofl:

I don't necessarily think they're junk. I just think they can be improved upon and with a few changes they could be by far the best vests out there...

Especially with a built-in camelback system... i'd pay good money for that... (are ya listening OT?)

If you typically carry a ton of gear in the woods then this vest probably isn't for you. I have found that if I try to put too much stuff in one pocket it kind of throws the whole fit of the vest out of whack and makes it uncomfortable.

One last complaint while I'm complaining... I don't like how the zipper pulls on the outside bottom pockets clink together when I'm walking. I know they're only plastic, but it still makes a noise.

DaddyPaul

I have just about the same complaints out of the vest but I still have worn it every hunt for the past two years. I like the lightweight design of if for hunting in Florida.

The first bird I killed this season I was on two crutches. I tried for 5minutes to stick the bird in the back pouch, while perched on crutches to NO AVAIL. I finally left him there in the sun, along with my gun and vest and hobbled to the truck.

Signed: Former member of some pro staff stuff, currently a free agent...........................;)

chadf

We just need to make a new vest and then spend the money we make on thunder chicken trips!!!!

Nitro

Banned
I'll pass this on.

Feedback is what helps create improvements

Thanks Bobby !!!! You know I love the gear. It's good stuff - I just hate having my Gerber saw and ratchet cutter falling out.... I didn't notice til we hit the truck... no way to find them...

I sent an email .....

boparks

Thanks Bobby !!!! You know I love the gear. It's good stuff - I just hate having my Gerber saw and ratchet cutter falling out.... I didn't notice til we hit the truck... no way to find them...

I sent an email .....

10-4 Understood.

I had a vest once that had just enough of an open slot in a pocket that I lost 2 good strikers. I must have issues because I have accummalated 9 vest.

I do like the Ol Tom vest for a number of reasons.

It's good that you have communicated with them

I've been on a run of losing gloves and facemask. I apparently have gotten into a habit of putting them in my lap while driving and then get out to call or open a gate and leave a trail of gloves and mask

Congrats again on your Washington hunt. Great looking birds

chadf

I'll pass this on.

Feedback is what helps create improvements

Will you also ask if I can upgrade to the new version for a discounted price, if I trade in my current ol' Tom vest?
I did contribute to the new model........???

That would be awesome!:cheers:

boparks

Will you also ask if I can upgrade to the new version for a discounted price, if I trade in my current ol' Tom vest?
I did contribute to the new model........???

That would be awesome!:cheers:

Not sure about the trade ins and depreciated values but I'll look into it.

It's worth more if you've killed turkeys while wearing it.

Blood stains equal deductions and calculations must be made to how many hours you exposed it to UV rays.

Briar snag-penetrations account for a $1.00 deduction each.

Chalk residue and /or fabric depredation caused by sandpaper inside the pockets weakens your case.

I trust you didn't get the seat dirty?

If you missed a turkey while wearing it....well it just can't be returned ...period.

But being a current Ol Tom supporter is in your favor.

I'lll......uh...get back to you:biggrin2: