Flies for tomorrow???

kfoskey

I'm heading up to Clarkesville tonight to visit my mom for Mother's Day. Gonna try to do a little trout fishing tomorrow. Was wondering what flies I should start out with. I'm gonna be fishing either the Soque or the Hooch above Helen. Thanks for the help.
-Kent

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Pheasant Tails,EHC's and Wooly Buggers.

Tightliner

I know that on the other side of the mountian (Hiwassee/Blairsville area) that March Browns ( or what appear that color, size 16 -18 duns) have been coming off strong. The fish have been keying on emergers. Absolutely slayed them last week end, primarilarly on emerger droppers. #18 scud dubbed with hairs ear with dark grey ostrich herl wing case. Short antron trailing shuck. Tan caddis are also abundant, size 20-24. Late afternoon, baetis is decient but the late fish seem to be keying on egg laying (yellow egg sack) spinner fall. If you are fishing for stockers, take along standard junk food.

Later...............................

kfoskey

Well, I decided to fish the Soque. There were lots of stockers. Caught 35. A red San Juan was the bait of choice. Caught 21 on it before having one break it off. Of course that was the only one I had. :banginghe Caught a few on a fluorescent green San Juan, EHC, and Wooly Booger. Sorry for no pics, the wife wouldn't let me borrow the camera.