Tenth Legion.........

Nitro

Banned
Since the season is winding down, it's time for my annual gift giving... ( I know, I am a sucker)...

I have three copies of Col. Tom Kelly's timeless classic book "Tenth Legion" that I am going to mail to Turkey hunters who killed their first Gobbler this year.

The first three who PM me will receive a copy from ol heartless, much reviled, hated, never gives anything back Nitro.:bounce:

Return to Archery - PM me your address, you won a copy.:D - You Sir, did it the hard way.

Photos not required. I trust yall.:rofl::rofl:

To the newest members of the Legion - WELCOME!!!!!!!!!

I will get the books out as soon as possible. Be patient- it's free to you.

ryanwhit

outstanding!

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Great gesture and a great book.

Gadget

Hello Mr Nitro, I killed my first turkey this year and would like to be added your list.

Thank you for the kind offer.

DeweyDuck

ATTA BOY to you sir! There are still some southern gentlemen left.

dusty80

I got my first one too! A beautiful jake.......

On a serious note........ That's a very kind of you Andy.
I'm about half way through "The Boat" right now.

GobblerFever

If it's not too late, I would like to stick my name in the hat too. Have called in birds for my dad back to back years but got my first one this year. 22 lbs, 1 inch spurs, 10 inch beard. Also, this might sound ignorant, but I've always wondered how you join the Tenth Legion? Are there any requirements or where can I look to find them at? Thanks

Bram

Way to go Nitro..finally got my first bird on 5/2/10..21 lbs..12 3/8" beard..1 1/8" spurs..got the monkey off my back..

Gerry

Last edited:

Kevin Farr

Books are all spoken for....Thanks everyone!

Congrats to all !!!!!!!!!!!

Dad gumit !! Oh well, I can't read anyway. I would learn how, but I got to figure out how to kill these turkey birds first. :D:D I'm going :crazy::crazy:

Congrats to all who killed their first this year and congrats to everyone who was killed birds and/or had a good season this year. :cheers:

returntoarchery

Since the season is winding down, it's time for my annual gift giving... ( I know, I am a sucker)...

I have three copies of Col. Tom Kelly's timeless classic book "Tenth Legion" that I am going to mail to Turkey hunters who killed their first Gobbler this year.

The first three who PM me will receive a copy from ol heartless, much reviled, hated, never gives anything back Nitro.:bounce:

Return to Archery - PM me your address, you won a copy.:D - You Sir, did it the hard way.

Photos not required. I trust yall.:rofl::rofl:

To the newest members of the Legion - WELCOME!!!!!!!!!

I will get the books out as soon as possible. Be patient- it's free to you.

Thanks Nito. I really appreciate that.

I already have a copy of the Tenth Legion. We can do one of two things and either is fine with me.

1) Send me the book anyway and I'll give my copy to my nephew. I called in his first bird last year and I went birdless until this year.

2) Give it to a youngster that's more deserving than I.

Once again I really appreciate the thought.

RTA

returntoarchery

I Also, this might sound ignorant, but I've always wondered how you join the Tenth Legion? Are there any requirements or where can I look to find them at? Thanks

From my recollection of what Tom Kelly wrote in his "Tenth Legion", killing a wild turkey isn't a requirement for membership. It's the pursuit of and dedication to all the tasks needed to hunt the wild turkey that qualifies you for membership. I might be wrong about that but that's my recollection.

For personal reasons only, I chose not to consider myself as a member until I killed my first turkey (mature bird and not a jake) by myself with my own calling and woodsmanship.