Last Night Made Me So Proud to Know This Man.....

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I guess if there is such a thing as an event being somewhat "fitting", well yesterday was it for me.

On a very serious note....last evening, I visited the funeral home and viewing etc of a close friend, Col. Walter Joseph Moore, M.D., M.A.C.P., F.A.C.R., who was a retired Colonel in the Army and had a very long list of accomplishments in the Military. However, he had also been one of the TOP physicians for many years as well at the Medical College of Georgia Hospital in Augusta. Yesterday was indeed a fitting day to honor Dr. Moore as a Veteran as well.

This gentleman had more accomplishments than most any 10 people could achieve and I was always amazed at his intelligence and his care about others. Several years ago, I thought that I had won the lottery as I was fortunate to be chosen to accompany him and three other physicians to Winnipeg, Canada for the Symposium of Physicians and Surgeons World Conference. I was a guest speaker at this event and it was one of the most proudest moments of my life. In my presentation, I was able to showcase just why and how the Medical College of Georgia Hospital and Clinics was the very top facility in administering the highest level in healthcare across the world.

The fact is, Col. Walter Moore, MD and Dr. Vincent Robinson have both made me such a better person during these past 20 years now. Last night, Dr. Robinson and I were able to share the photos of our Winnipeg trip with Dr. Moore's wife and I promised her that I would gladly give her copies of all of the photos from this trip and make sure that she could view them on her computer and could share them with the rest of her family members.

I began to be involved as a Patient and Family Centered Care Advisor in June of 2000 as my wife ultimately suffered her first heart attack and became disabled due to multiple heart attacks, cardiac arrests, and numerous hospital stays during her 6 1/2 year battle. Even though my wife had become disabled in her normal work routines of the Medical College of Georgia Hospital, Department of Neurology, she still felt that she could help others in their Epilepsy Treatment Program as she had helped to give several patients a completely NEW life of them being able to work, function, and even drive again at 100 % performance.

She was in fact, the ultimate caregiver during her 27 year career in healthcare as I still remember several times that our phone would ring in the middle of the night and it would be one of her patients from Louisiana, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina, or Georgia etc just wanting to ask her certain questions about their healthcare. They all considered my wife to be their ultimate "lifeline" of sorts. It never mattered that these calls seemed to be anywhere from 11 PM to 6 AM including 7 days a week because the sound of my wife's voice was a huge comfort to all of these patients.

Even after becoming disabled, she still tried her best to volunteer her services of expertise at the hospital from time to time as well as she was also a Patient and Family Centered Care Advisor. My wife actually helped in the design of the new Medical College Hospital Cardiology Out-Patient Treatment Center and her ideas set the standards of Cardiac Care in today's world because it included every patient being involved with their own care and offers much better treatment outcomes for patients. Dr. Vincent Robinson was my wife's Cardiologist during her 6 1/2 year battle with heart disease and he became my Cardiology only 6 months after my wife died as I also suffered a heart attack as the stress finally caught up to me. Even after her death, at 52 years of age, I have continued this effort of volunteering as a tribute to the memory of my late wife who died back on December 9, 2006.

Even though, I have had my own business for the past 30 years now, I have done my very best to always take time "away from my work" to offer my thoughts of expertise in the hope of helping others in certain healthcare situations. Due to my age and my workload with my business, I finally resigned my position on December 31, 2020 as a Volunteer for Patient and Family Centered Care. Unfortunately, age has a way to catch up with you and sometimes it has to even slap you in the face just to get your attention.

Last edited: