Without a doubt, divine intervention and an ultimate miracle....

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Glad you are OK, Mike. Hope that never happens again. As we age, it becomes more and more important to listen to our bodies.

oldfella1962

I want to say "Thank You" to all of you that have responded in such a kind way.

Earlier today, I went to the repair place to actually check on my truck since it had been there since June 30th. Their repair personnel assured me again that when they arrived to tow it, it could easily be driven forward and backwards etc with no problem.

I was all set to pay a bunch more for this type of repair BUT the technician assured me that it was working perfectly. However, I felt much better to just get a rental vehicle (full size Dodge pick-up) when I got out of the hospital in order to handle the heavy weight goods. Thankfully, I just drove the truck as my lady friend's son did all of the heavy weight lifting for loading and unloading these 80-90 pound rolls and I NEVER touched a single roll of goods. Earlier this afternoon, when I went by the repair place to talk with them about what the entire repair cost would be based on the three different possible parts that "might be needed", they told me to just get in and drive it for a few days and check back with them if I had any more problems. It drove fine on the way back home so I am a very happy camper for sure at this point.

Thankfully, I have used this repair/service/tire business to do a lot of various things on my vehicles for several years now as they are rated as the #1 Vehicle Repair Business in the entire Augusta area. Just for the record, for any of you Augusta area members, they are named C & C Automotive and now they have 6 locations within a 20 mile radius of Augusta.

Thanks again to all of you for your kind remarks.
I hear the C & C Automotive jingle on the radio and TV all the time:
"C and Ceeeee automotive, your car care pros!"

DannyW

I haven't been online recently as I am being forced to take life really easy somewhat.

Back on June 30th, I was working really hard in making sure that I was still going to be able to take my annual golfing vacation at my place in Florida. I have taken this vacation annually and as I meet two other families from Missouri and Kentucky and we all head to our places in Orlando to play golf all week together. This ritual began back 30 years ago.

Ultimately, while trying to get everything done for this upcoming vacation, I severely over-worked myself earlier that day by trying to get extra inventory into the warehouse for a particular customer. Thankfully, that day, I was able to have a late lunch with my lady friend along with two other friends. As I was leaving the restaurant and got in my truck, I immediately felt really terrible and began to have breathing problems and severe discomfort.

I was just too hard-headed initially as I thought that I could drive the 12 miles or so to the hospital. For the first time in my life, my truck was stuck in "PARK MODE" and would NOT go into any forward drive or reverse mode. I frantically tried several times BUT I quickly realized that I needed to call 911 instead. With that done, I called my lady friend and she was there with me within a couple of minutes helping me. She also had the repair shop come tow my truck to their business which is only a mile or so away. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten my truck back yet due to availability of parts etc involved for repair.

I ultimately spent several days in the hospital while running all sorts of various tests etc and I am taking life really easy for now as my lady friend's son has really helped me recently by doing this frequent type of heavy weight handling and lifting work involved in my business.

I have been just taking things easy for the past several days now as my physicians advised that my heart is actually performing great based on all of the recent testing data. They also advised me to try and relax more. Unfortunately, I did suffer a heart attack back 16 years ago just 6 months after my wife passed away from severe heart disease that she inherited from her Father. Thankfully, I have done really well over these years since then.

This recent happening really makes me feel that God must have known that I couldn't make that drive to the hospital safely and he intervened and he chose the path for me to take instead. I look back now and I surely realize that I could have never made that trip to the hospital in my condition.

I tell people all of the time that I am one of the most "blessed people" on this earth as God has allowed me to continue to help so many others along my life's journey. This day, I was re-paid tremendously.
Mike, glad you are doing okay. But you bring up a couple of points that I would like to make:

1. Yes, if you are middle aged, and older, it CAN happen to you. Don't ignore it or try to power through it. You may win the toughness award, but you will will lose the "living" war.
2. If you have had previous heart issues, like you and me, carry Nitro tablets with you at all times. My friends and family know that one of my every day carry (EDC) items is Nitro, and it is in my left front pocket if I should ever need it and can't reach it.
3. Drive a Toyota :ROFLMAO:

Good luck going forward.

Redbow

Somehow that truck knew that you did not need to be driving in your condition. Glad you are feeling better now.

And oh yeah I believe in divine intervention.

oldfella1962

Glad you are OK, Mike. Hope that never happens again. As we age, it becomes more and more important to listen to our bodies.
Very recently a guy I worked with for many years (he was head of our section of technicians) who was very close to retiring at 62 years and change old went into the hospital just because "wasn't feeling normal" and while he was getting checked out, he had a "widow maker" style heart attack! :eek: They had to bring him back to life three times with the jumpstart "clear!" deals. :eek: Then of course once he was stabilized, they did whatever kind of surgery is needed to fix that widow maker heart/blood flow defect. Thus he moved his retirement date up a few months and is recovering okay.
Bottom line - we all know our own bodies and if something isn't normal or right, get it checked out ASAP.

Lindseys Grandpa

I'd want to know what caused the bad feeling and breathing issues. Glad you are hopefully getting better and nothing worse happened.

Let me share something about stress.... My wife has lost 40lbs because of her job. She handles multi million $$ contracts for an agency that deals with abused children. She is determined to make sure everything is correct with her contracts and stubborn as a mule and will work her self to death if I don't stay on her. Her workload is what 3-4 people should be doing.

I'll share something else that I truely came from God... I wnet to the heart Dr. with my dad and after hearing all of the family history with heart issues the Dr. turned to me and said "have you ever had your heart checked?" I said no I feel fine. He wrote two long words (tests) on a piece of paper and told me to have my primary refer me to him.

I put that paper in the console of my truck and about 6 months later I was at a red light listening to the radio and all of a sudden it was like the radio quit and I heard a voice saying "GET THOSE TEST DONE NOW". Guess what? That experience got my attention and I did. I was just a few points away from needing 2 stints in my heart and I was only 45 then. My dad had a heart attack at 44 and had 4 way bypass.

God is always talking to us, the question is are we listening for what he is saying.
Stress will kill you .

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Just now seeing this, glad you're better, now listen to everyone & take it easy!!!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Glad you’re okay. Wishing you the very best, Double E.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Thank you Lord for your hand of favor in this situation. God knows every hair on our head before He created the earth and has a plan and purpose for all of us. He certainly was looking out for you that day with decine intervention. Glad you are doing better.

Latest posts