I AM A VERY PROUD FATHER TODAY OF A 40 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I woke up this morning with thankful tears in my eyes as a flood of emotions overwhelmed me.

I remember really well back 40 years ago when I had to make a visit to a customer in Richmond, Virginia. This was one trip that I didn't want to make but I had no choice as I had an idiot for a boss back then. There were no cellphones in that time period for common people and that made things much more difficult.

After visiting and taking care of my customer, I called my office here in Augusta and was advised that my wife had been admitted to the hospital as apparently our baby was ready to be born. I have always traveled a lot over the years and I have a VERY heavy right foot and even back then, I used a radar detector while on the road...however, it was illegal to do that in Virginia unfortunately. However, that day, I was so excited that I probably set a speed record while driving back to Georgia.

I finished my meeting and checked out of the hotel and blazed a trail back to Augusta. I will admit that in my career, there were many times that I could have been a Nascar driver too. Thankfully for the past 50 years, I have been fortunate to have never gotten a speeding ticket even though there were lots of "close calls" but they never took any money from my wallet.

Thankfully, I arrived safely back in Augusta and went straight to the hospital as my wife was in labor. However, our new Daughter apparently waited patiently for me to arrive before making her appearance and for that I have always been very thankful. Before this time period, I had been afraid of being in the delivery room as I was afraid of fainting as I never liked any hospital environment even though my wife had worked in one for her entire career.

Here it is 40 years later and my Daughter and Son-in-law both graduated from Georgia Southern University and they both also work for GSU as well. All three of us have GSU Eagle blood running through our veins too and we enjoy so many great times together.

Without a doubt, I am blessed beyond words and wanted to share this special day with all of you.

Unfortunately my wife passed away back in December of 2006 due to hereditary heart disease from her father. However, I still feel her presence in our lives every day.

Last edited:

bullgator

Good for you and your family. That’s what makes this crazy world worth it.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Congrats to all of you Mike.

dslc6487

Congratulations to you. Sorry for the passing of your wife. But, sounds like you have a wonderful daughter for whom you are very proud and grateful..........