favorite archery stand

tbrown913

so what is yalls favorite stand for deer hunting? I am 6' tall, 275 pounds. what is your favorite stand, and how comfortable is it? rate on scale of 1-10. any stand you bow hunt out of is ok.

summit python 8 its a nice stand, and very comfy, just get tired of carrying it everywhere.

api baby grand twister 6 very comfy in the seat, but the height of the seat isnt right for me, i have to stand up to get feeling back to my feet.

dont have any comfy ladders, they are all the cheap ones from wally world.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
I do not have one, but I have never heard anything bad (other than a little pricey) about Millenium treestands.

GusGus

For a climber, I like Summit. Ive got the 180 Max and it is the most comfortable stand Ive hunted out of. Climbs well and is rock solid. I like the Millenium lock ons. As far as a ladder, we're in the same boat, only hunted out of the walmart ones and some homemade ones.

thompsonsz71

lock ons are about all i use.... the new summits are awesome... i really like the rs eagle i think its called.... i give it a 9... and i also use milleniums i give them a 8

jharrell

I agree on the Millenium's, very comfortable ( 10 ) . I have a Lone Wolf as well. I like how easy it is to pack in and out but its not the most comfortable stand in the world (7). I hear the new Gorilla's are not to bad, just hear say though.

benellisbe

I use loc-ons often as well. I have an API climber that is super comfortable. I'm 6'1" / 215 and it is stable/comfortable for all day sits. I also have the Tree Lounge (actually have both the older and new version). I absolutely love hunting from it (both). I usually take it over all the other stands i've had. The old version was rock solid, but it came with a trade-off (near 35 lbs). The new one is light, at 19 lbs, but has a bit of bounce if you stand up quick. You cannot beat the comfort.

turtlebug

For a ladder stand, I love the Millennium.

I'm deathly afraid of heights (pretty crazy for someone who loves to hunt so much :crazy: ) but I feel totally at ease standing up to shoot in their ladder stand. Love the comfy mesh seat and larger platform for my feet. Throw on a Muddy Safety Harness (www.gomuddy.com) and I'll sit there all day. :smash:

I'm looking at their new climber, but I just don't think I'm that brave. :O

fishnjay

Summit

I got a Summit viper SS (went with the SS b/c it was lighter than the regular viper). I love it. Its quiet, simple, comfortable, and feels really safe. I have tried the lonewolf sit/climb. Very light, and easy to pack in and out. Just could not stomach paying for it.

Hopefully the MOD's will open the swap/sell back up. I've seen Vipers on there b/w $100-$150 (shameless plug:huh:

Rating - 10

Bo D

For gun and bow my Summit Bullet Backpacker's that I sawed off the bar you sit on when climbing,it has become my favorite and I own Lonewolfs, Milleniums loc-on and the BBD's from Ameristep....Its just perfect cause they fold flat for transport.

whiz

Treelounge or gunslinger