Ladder Stand with full shooting rail?? Do they make them anymore?

catch22

Im looking for a comfortable single man ladder stand that has a full shooting rail all the way around. It seems all of the manufacturers are making the ones with the adjustable front rail and on the sides are arm rests that are very low. Im looking for something that goes all the way around. We had a guy that we bought a bunch from over the years, but I dont think he makes them anymore. We do a lot of rifle hunting and the single adjustable front rail just isnt what we want....they arent super stable and they dont make for a great rest. if anyone knows of one, please post link below. We have milleniums, big game, muddy etc.....weve tried alot of them and they are all the same

thanks!

across the river

You can try them. They will make you whatever you want. You might not like the price, but they can probably get you what you are looking for.

Triple C

I have two of the LD14’s with 40” extensions to get em higher. I’ve owned all brands. I find the Millennium’s and the River’s Edge Lockdown series ladder stands a bit more comfy but none of them compare in quality over time to the Family Traditions.

Deernut3

I've built some 360 degree shooting rail for some of the older fellows that I hunt with. Pretty easy to bend 3/4 or 1 inch conduit and attach to the tree with 2 hole straps and stiff leg down in 2 or 3 places. They call them shooting rest but I'm pretty sure they keep them from falling out of the stand when napping :sleep:

Core Lokt

A friends cousin used to build them. Not sure if he still does. Most comfortable ladder I have ever sat in and has a full rail all the way around. I’ll ask him about them.

sowega hunter

These are nice and comfortable. Rail height is adjustable or removable for bow hunting.

Attachments

• 20231217_094008.jpg
    20231217_094008.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    668.6 KB · Views: 60

Gator89

I would rather spend my money on a quality stand, such as a Family Tradition, than a ride in an ambulance.

I will never buy another brand of ladder stand, it is Family Tradition or a lawn chair in a ground blind for me.

catch22

Not a ladder but Academy has this one on sale for $129
Im really looking for a ladder......I had this exact stand.....and I used it for a couple years and gave it away.....that should tell you all you need to know about it :)

Gator89

Im really looking for a ladder......I had this exact stand.....and I used it for a couple years and gave it away.....that should tell you all you need to know about it :)

You will/would not regret buying a Family Tradition stand. My club has 4 of them, all of them 2 man size.

Triple C

I would rather spend my money on a quality stand, such as a Family Tradition, than a ride in an ambulance.

I will never buy another brand of ladder stand, it is Family Tradition or a lawn chair in a ground blind for me.
I 100% agree on durability and quality. Don’t know what they do when they powder coat them but whatever it is totally prevents rust and seem to never age. Got a hang-on that’s been out since 2012. Darn thing still looks like new. Not skinny cable wire either. Solid chain holding the platform to the section that straps to the tree.

Have 2 of the ladder stands that are not as old but from the looks of em after 5 or 6 years, they will never rust out.

Core Lokt

These are nice and comfortable. Rail height is adjustable or removable for bow hunting.
Did Larry Weldon build those? That tall one is the exact stand I was talking about. He lives off of a 4 lane divided highway and I can't remember where, 84 maybe??

Jim Boyd

A rail of any variety is easily fabricated on most any old deer stand.

EMT in varying sizes is very easy to bend, bolt, weld etc and you can end up with whatever suits your fancy.

As for purchased stands, my heart lies with Millenium. Easy sitting and the rail (on ladder stands) is adjustable and serviceable.

Best of luck to all.