I guess these will help me get through the off season..

Arrow3

:cool::cool::cool:

Attachments

• CIMG0047 (600 x 450).jpg
    CIMG0047 (600 x 450).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 472

nhancedsvt

Banned
Hopefully I'll be able to sneak one or two turkey books in during the off season. I have a feeling though that most of my reading time will be taken up by Intermediate Accounting, Cost Accounting, and Principle of Taxation among others.....:banginghe

Covehnter

Illumination in the Flatwoods, if you havent yet its a must. . . . I picked it up after so many on here reccommended it. Awesome read.

Arrow3

love the Field Guide by Charlie Elliot...and Tenth Legion of course!

Ive never read Mr. Charlie's field guide....Ive never even opened the package...:biggrin2:

Nitro

Banned
Ive never read Mr. Charlie's field guide....Ive never even opened the package...:biggrin2:

Brandon, you can read my copy. It's an interesting little book. Mine is signed and personalized, The Old Professor gave it to me after a hunt in N.GA one morning.

I would leave it in the package- that book is scarce to the point of being rare... That's a good find.:flag:

Hawken2222

Here is my collection. I try to purchase a new book every year. It's also a tradition of mine to read One of these older turkey books before each season. My favorate is still the one on the lower right, The old Pro Turkey Hunter by Gene Nunnery.

Attachments

• turkey books 001 (712 x 536).jpg
    turkey books 001 (712 x 536).jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 383

Gut_Pile

Some real good reads right there! I'll definitely have to get my hands on a few of those!

ccleroy

?----Never read The Old Pro Turkey Hunter.........How is the book to those of you that have read it?????

TurkeyH90

Old Pro Turkey Hunter

Old Pro is a great book and anything by Tom Kelly is wonderful. I have at least one book by all the aforementioned authors and never grow tired of reading turkey stories.

Nitro

Banned
The Old Pro Turkey Hunter by Nunnery is outstanding. Well written , mostly recountings of his hunts and not much "how to"....

Written in 1980. Nunnery killed over 250 Gobblers lifetime. Mississippi boy....

It's worth reading for sure.

ccleroy

The Old Pro Turkey Hunter by Nunnery is outstanding. Well written , mostly recountings of his hunts and not much "how to"....

Written in 1980. Nunnery killed over 250 Gobblers lifetime. Mississippi boy....

It's worth reading for sure.

Thanks Andy!!!I will picking up a copy shortly off Amazon..........:cool:

Nitro

Banned
One shelf in the bookcase........ I like Turkey "literature".....:rofl:

Attachments

• books.jpg (600 x 450).jpg
    books.jpg (600 x 450).jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 263

ccleroy

One shelf in the bookcase........ I like Turkey "literature".....:rofl:

I need you to PM me a "To Read List".........I am starting to read/collect books myself and need help........you can post the list here also if you like........ps......your shelf looks a little heavy......lol.......

Nitro

Banned
I need you to PM me a "To Read List".........I am starting to read/collect books myself and need help........you can post the list here also if you like........ps......your shelf looks a little heavy......lol.......

Here you go Ricky,

I added Casada's web address...he gets a fair amount of business from me.

Here is my partial list of some of the best-

Turkey Hunting- A One Man Game by Kenny Morgan

Double Gobble- Dr. Bobby Dale

East of the Slash- Wade Wineman

Illuminations in the Flatwoods- Hutto

Hunting Turkeys in the Everglades- Frank Harben

Turkey hunting with Charlie Elliott- Elliott

Gobblers I Have Known- Tim Herald (out of print)

My favorite Col. Kelly book (other than 10th Legion) - The Season

The Art and Science of Turkey Hunting - Lovett Williams

If you want to find some rare and/or out of print books on Turkey Hunting that the brick and mortar retailers don't have-

www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com

Enjoy!

ccleroy

Thank you Andy........I have a few of those......of them Illumination in the Flatwoods is my favorite........I thank you for the list!!

BERN

I'll say that East of the Slash by Wade Winemann is an excellent read. I happen to know his brother-in-law. I have been thinking about getting my copy signed. Those are hard to find online since they are out of print. I can get you the name of the bookstore in Miss. that keeps a few copies on hand. They are excellent folks as well.

Nitro

Banned
If you liked "East of the Slash", be sure to read "Bird of Courage" Wineman's second book. It is equally as good.