First time turkey tips

tad1

OP, you might wanna find a different hobby, save you a lot of heartache, and you’d likely be a multimillionaire with the energy spent hunting turkeys put to more productive uses…

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
OP, you might wanna find a different hobby, save you a lot of heartache, and you’d likely be a multimillionaire with the energy spent hunting turkeys put to more productive uses…
What fun would that be ?

buckpasser

What fun would that be ?

More for us. That’s what! Lol. The sport is already about shot out by the latest current generation blaming their recent failures on a “lack” of turkeys and calling for change to seasons, regs, limits, etc. This all because they had never seen a turkey cycle take them into anything less that super abundant. Hence, “the turkeydoc gonna save us all”…

buckpasser

I’m writing a song about it @antharper

Turkeys on the roadside, turkeys in the ditch
We all shot the turkeys but the turkeys stayed thick
All the sudden all the turkeys gone
But Mr Turkeydoc gonna save us all…sing’n

Song, song of the south,
Turkey nuggets fried and shook my mouth.
Gone, gone with the wind,
But Turkeydoc gonna bring ‘em back again

We used to hunt the turkeys in the morning chill
Now the skeeters gonna tote you up the hill
Summer time’s the best to hunt them in
That’s the only time we won’t stress the hens.

I’m not done with it yet. What you think?

Sixes

There are no shortcuts to experience. Learn to call and learn patience.

Never believe a word a turkey hunter tells you:)

Blackston

I started they road you are on 6 or 7 years ago ….. I screwed up a lot , Have learned a little and have managed to kill a few…. Go keep goin and go some more …. Enjoy the journey

Last edited:

johnnyk2000

Enjoy the trip. Stop often to enjoy your surroundings and don’t just focus on the kill. Learn to enjoy the mistakes you make and grow from them