UWS tool box ?

mickbear

i have a UWS single lid black truck tool box that has begun to peal in the center of the lid.it looks to be powder coated.i'v contacted the UWS folks and they say the year warenty is up so its my deal now.is there any thing i can use to strip the paint off without damageing the stainless steel box itsself?

earl

Banned
Not to derail your question ,but could you give me your contact info for them. I need a new lock and can't find who to talk to . Thanks.

W4DSB

its aluminum underneath not Stainless steel....

mickbear

its aluminum underneath not Stainless steel....
wow, i thought it was stainless steal---thats why i make maps for a living.thanks

jonkayak

If you call around you should be able to find a place that will air blast it clean then repowder coat it for a good bit less then a new one. Also once it's done it will last forever if its done right.

If you want to just strip try air blasting with a real soft media.

Swamprat

Swamprat
If you really want it to last have it Rhino lined like they do truck beds.

I am suprised UWS acted that way....they make some quality boxes and for it to peel like that is either a metal or coating defect and not a by-product of being in the elements for a year.

Jim Baker

Staff member
If you really want it to last have it Rhino lined like they do truck beds.

I am suprised UWS acted that way....they make some quality boxes and for it to peel like that is either a metal or coating defect and not a by-product of being in the elements for a year.

UWS was bought by a foreign company about 3 years ago.

Do it your self rhino would be the cheapest.

It would have to be sandblasted to be re-powdercoated.