Kee Kee Question

Killdee

While watching and messing with a mess of 15 birds and hens this weekend, I noticed 1 0r 2 would quietly kee kee when separated w/o the yelps following, then this am when I busted them up walking back to check a trail cam they were doing the full Kee-kee run to re group. My question is do both jakes and young jennies do the kee-kee run? There were at least 5-6 jakes, maybe more in the group, they had the start of wattles and were a good bit bigger than the rest. Had a good time in the stand kee keeing and yelping at em at 15-20 yards, me with orange on not moving and them not spooking while they ate my new green food plot up.

gobblingghost

Mainly the kee kee is by younger birds

turky93

While watching and messing with a mess of 15 birds and hens this weekend, I noticed 1 0r 2 would quietly kee kee when separated w/o the yelps following, then this am when I busted them up walking back to check a trail cam they were doing the full Kee-kee run to re group. My question is do both jakes and young jennies do the kee-kee run? There were at least 5-6 jakes, maybe more in the group, they had the start of wattles and were a good bit bigger than the rest. Had a good time in the stand kee keeing and yelping at em at 15-20 yards, me with orange on not moving and them not spooking while they ate my new green food plot up.

Yep! Young birds of either sex will kee kee.

Turkeydoghunter

i was hunting NY this monday and had a long beard gobble and came to about 70 yards then it yelped softy and did a two note whistle with triple yelp behind it....it circled us and my young cousin was unable to get a shot when it was at 40 yards.....Ron

rutandstrut

Younger Birds of both Sexes will do the Kee Kee or the Full Kee Kee Run which includes the Yelps...The Kee Kee and Kee Kee Run are not limited to use in the Fall! Sometimes they are deadly when you throw them in your Callin sequence in the Spring also!