Help Please!?

KBagwell1

Anyone know of any legitimate work at home jobs that don't cost anything to get started? My husband and I are in school full time and we need some extra income. We cleaned houses together for a while but that became too time consuming. Hubby is a disabled veteran so he can't do any labor work....we also have 2 kids that we'd have to get a babysitter for if we work outside the home.

Just looking for something that I/we can do from home...any ideas?

Thanks,
Kristal

If you have the skills, there are legitimate work at home jobs in transcription services-- hospitals in particular use work at home for records entries.

Any job opportunity that requires you to pay ANY money is 100% a scam.

Have you contacted the local technical college? At one time, you could get an education, and a stipend for child care if you met certain qualifications.

Fletch_W

Banned
Kristal, you seem to be a decent enough writer to start hassling your local paper for stringer work. So much journalism can be done from your house with an internet connection. You don't necessarily need a journalism degree either. It doesn't pay very well, but if writing is effortless for you, it's free money. Don't trust any of the "write for our blog" crap you see on craig's list either. Go to the newspaper directly. Remember, newspapers are losing money these days but that can work in your favor because it's cheaper to hire a stringer than pay a staffer.

FYI: "Stringer" means "part time contract journalist".

Any questions, PM me or other members here who do that kind of thing..... wink.

Inthegarge

Have you checked into Work Study positions. Most Gov't agencies use them and have a hard time finding them. I worked several WS jobs when I was in college..Yous school should be able to help ..............RW

HALOJmpr

My wife used to do phone service via internet for a company called Liveops. www.liveops.com they have all kinds of customer service and other jobs where you work from home. I know they only allow high speed connections and you have to have a land line that is not VOIP. I hope this helps!!! Paul

jcinpc

Gone but not forgotten
alot of the banks let their customer service people work from home, my friend does, he wakes up calls in and shuts his bedroom door and thats his office, he handles incoming calls. You would have to train wherever they do that at. I believe he is working for Bank of America