Discovery Channel

hunter_58

Discovery channel had several hog stories on tonight, I'm sure they will repeat during the week. some of em good some not. Anybody watch em ?

Hut2

Yeah, just watched them. Abbeville, Ga. was on there. Pretty interesting stuff. My club is bout 15 mi. S. of Abbeville. 4 yrs ago we had no hogs anywhere near ,now we've got quite a few. But, so far we're keeping them under control.

Harbuck

Discovery

I watched some of the shows and enjoyed it aswell. But can't figure out why they let the hogs go in the last show after getting a hair sample from it. I mean they were talking about how much of a problem the hogs are causeing then instead of killing the hogs like they did in the other show they just let the hogs go. ??? i don't get that. :crazy:

georgia_home

harbuck, i am with you!

natgeo had a similar story, about hogs and snakes and all sorts of other invasive species. focusing mostly on florida. funny. they set a "season" on snakes.

if it's a problem, just let the killing start, like hogs in ga. 24/7, and special rules outside deer/turkey.

on the snakes, they showed how "bad" things were getting in the everglades federal park (or whatever the proper designation is)... BUT they wont let people just run around and kill the snakes... they had to be captured. i kinda understand the reason, but if the problem is that bad... then priorities need setting. politics vs priorities.

i recorded the discovery show last night... may have a chance to watch tonight.

Hogchaser

New Season for HGW on Discovery

Saw Hogs Gone Wild on Discovery Channel a few weeks ago. Jan 2011. I could not find it the following weeks so i E mailed Discovery Channel. After serveral weeks - I got a response.
Beginning in the 2nd quarter 2011 they will begin showing new shows. They did not give days and times they just gave the standard check your local listings for times and dates. So i would begin looking for the show sometime in March or after. :fine:

Hogchaser

Caught the shows on Discovery Channel Saturday night. I was told they were going to air NEW SHOWS but the ones on saturday night 2/26 were all repeats. Hope they begin showing NEW shows going forward.