I am very thankful.....

44magpastor

I am thankful today for many things.

Salvation
Family
My church
My health.

But there is an offbeat thing I'm thankful for this year. I'm thankful for the opportunity to hunt with my teenage sons. I'm thankful for land to roam around on. I'm thankful to hear my boys repeat lessons I've tried to teach them, over the years.

This week, both boys harvested beautiful bucks. I'm thankful that I got to share that with them. I got to look them in the eye, shake their hand, and say "Congratulations. Great shot". I got to help load their bucks. I got to be with them, as they told the story to their granddad, who is no longer able to hunt.

God is good. Happy Thanksgiving!

Attachments

• 20231122_165204.jpg
    20231122_165204.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 20231121_081731.jpg
    20231121_081731.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 91

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That’s what it’s about for sure. My son has been in the military for ten years and is stationed on the other side of the country. I haven’t gotten to hunt with him in years, and I miss it.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova

44magpastor,​

Thanks for sharing this awesome achievement with all of us. The photos are excellent as well.

I've got a feeling that You, your wife and GrandDad all had a big part in raising these two fine young men.

Congratulations to all for a job well done.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That’s a lot to be thankful for for sure! Those kids are blessed to have you lead and the Lord up front! Beautiful kids you got and you should also be proud! Congrats to the boys on some awesome bucks too!! WOOHOO! :cheers:

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations to y'all.
Fine bucks!
Such a blessing spending time with your children doing something you enjoy.

My son & I are hunting this morning. We always text each other when we get settled in our stands.
He texted "all good" & it got me to thinking - it is all good. God's grace & mercies are unending.

I am so richly blessed.