A season to remember… Thank you Lord

mtclev5651

Well, my boy and me still have sits to do together (first time my adoptive son will hit the woods with me) to let him be part of some late season hunts because he feels like he’s ready, but we will not be searching for bucks.

Yall probably remember the drop tine buck I killed in October. I was completely amazed by Gods goodness then but I did continue to run cams for the second target buck.

I was getting discouraged because rut transition had no shooters showing up anywhere.

This second target buck showed up about a month ago but had been MIA for a week. Last night I had him in the background chasing does on cam.

I crawled in my most suburban spot this morning later than I wanted to. By 6:50 walking in, I could basically see everything. I immediately hit the horns and grunted loudly before all of the neighborhood woke up haha.

He came in on a string to 22 yards and I executed what I had been dreaming of. It’s a small spot so I prayed he didn’t go far. I heard solid impact and he went about 30 yards gushing. Unfortunately he didn’t drop there but I saw him trot 20 more yards into brush and heard him crash. I waited a decent amount of time but I wanted to get him retrieved quickly for church.

I hopped down after the waiting period and found the blood immediately. It led me to my second solid mature NE Georgia buck. I’m thankful for the property owners, my best buddies up here who hop out of the stand in anticipation to help me. Also HUGE shoutout to a solid brother I met on here. @Blackston has been there to listen to me gripe, give me advice, and celebrate the success with the Lord as the focal point. IMG_3081.pngView attachment 1270632IMG_3069.jpegIMG_3080.png

Last edited:

Blackston

Congratulations!!!! You’ve earned em !!!!!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Nice buck.

The Lord strikes again - the only power winning more games than Kirby smart taking more good bucks than gmc, ford, mopar, Tesla, and Honda combined each year….

May as well take your kid now I guess
This!^^^ Amen

WOOHOO! I would have wobbly knees walking up on that thing! Congrats on a crazy long tines buck! :cheers:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Wow! That's one fine buck. You got it goin' on this year. :rockon:

Well, my boy and me still have sits to do together (first time my adoptive son will hit the woods with me) to let him be part of some late season hunts because he feels like he’s ready, but we will not be searching for bucks.

Yall probably remember the drop tine buck I killed in October. I was completely amazed by Gods goodness then but I did continue to run cams for the second target buck.

I was getting discouraged because rut transition had no shooters showing up anywhere.

This second target buck showed up about a month ago but had been MIA for a week. Last night I had him in the background chasing does on cam.

I crawled in my most suburban spot this morning later than I wanted to. By 6:50 walking in, I could basically see everything. I immediately hit the horns and grunted loudly before all of the neighborhood woke up haha.

He came in on a string to 22 yards and I executed what I had been dreaming of. It’s a small spot so I prayed he didn’t go far. I heard solid impact and he went about 30 yards gushing. Unfortunately he didn’t drop there but I saw him trot 20 more yards into brush and heard him crash. I waited a decent amount of time but I wanted to get him retrieved quickly for church.

I hopped down after the waiting period and found the blood immediately. It led me to my second solid mature NE Georgia buck. I’m thankful for the property owners, my best buddies up here who hop out of the stand in anticipation to help me. Also HUGE shoutout to a solid brother I met on here. @Blackston has been there to listen to me gripe, give me advice, and celebrate the success with the Lord as the focal point. View attachment 1270631View attachment 1270632View attachment 1270633View attachment 1270634
who says it doesn't do any good to say a prayer thats one fine buck i wish they grew that bigger rack in south ga.