Kentucky Buck 2023

Meriwether Mike

This is the story of my 2023 Kentucky Buck for those who do not follow the LFFT Thread. Before going to KY I has been getting pictures of my buck in daylight in the area of my stand. I decided that I would try and take him if the opportunity presented. My BIL and I got up at 3:30 and readied ourselves for hunting. After getting to my tree I said a prayer for life things and also asked for God to send this buck my way. I asked for my shot to be true and his pain short. My stand is in the hardwoods along the edge of a CRP field. I saw two does early come from the east below me and walk into the CRP. They stayed in the thick area and would have been a difficult shot. A little later a six point followed their trail in the wrong direction trailing them. I had just texted me FIL to wish him a Great Veterans Day and put the phone away when I saw him walking the same trail as the does earlier. I got my rifle up and knew it would be hard to get a shot in the thick area. As I watched him he just turned and started walking straight at me. I knew I would have a clear shot. He came to me and turned left to pass me on my right hand side. At 25 yards I took the shot on his left front shoulder as he quartered to me. He run about 30 yards past me carrying his broke leg. He stopped and I held off bolting another round as the noise would spook him more. After about five seconds he got wobbly and dropped. I bolted in another round and watched him. He passed after about 20 seconds. I thanked God for bringing him right to me and putting him almost in my lap. It was a truly great morning. I have attached some live photos and then of course the after taking him photos.2023 Kentucky Buck #6.jpg2023 Kentucky Buck #7.jpg2023 Kentucky Buck #8.jpg2023 Kentucky Buck #1.jpg2023 Kentucky Buck #4 jpg.jpg

DSGB

Ol' Bullwinkle. Congrats on a great buck!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! I had some prayers answered this week too. But they were not near that WIDE! GOODNESS! CONGRATS! :clap:

Jim Boyd

Beastly!!!!!!!

cliffdweller

Great goodness, he is WIDE!!! CONGRATS, super buck!