2023 Bucked Out

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great buck and hunt , congrats ! All that hard work paid off again !

basshappy

BANNED
Great buck and hunt , congrats ! All that hard work paid off again !

Thank you

As I try to teach to the boys on my soccer team, most of the time hard work pays off. Last year I hunted my buddy's land on Lookout Mountain and spent that year scouting, cutting in trails, etc. Harvested 3 deer up there. I hunted our family land only a handful of times, usually seeing nothing, getting blown, but I did harvest 1 deer.

Spent this year scouting our land, cutting, pruning, pulling, you name it and thus far all of the effort has been rewarded with 3 deer. And watching a half dozen easy shots walk. Finding "scrape central" has been key. Deer, bobcat, turkey, yote, even a tortoise have pass through this area.

basshappy

BANNED
Great buck Thomas!!!

Man I feel very blessed and proud of our season so far. Our land is tough terrain in my opinion to hunt as there is very little flat ground and all of the ridges and ravines don't allow for say an Easternly wind to stay Easternly - the landscape breaks up and redirects the wind. Last season we were able to harvest a single deer out here. So this year I spent my focus on studying and learning this property in an attempt to best position my boy and I for a successful 2023 season. And neighbors baiting deer and killing them over bait adds another level of challenge. So to have 2 in the freezer and 1 in the ice cooler is very rewarding, Jonathan. Sometimes it feels good when homework pays off. Hope to see you soon

Latest posts