Strange Encounter

Liberty

I’m going with for swamp lights gentsA8E0CF9F-53CF-4253-977E-74CE28419ED1.jpeg

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
The oceans are full of organisms that can be phosphorescent. If you have the chance to stand at the stern of a ship or boat and watch the wash from the propeller you might see it. I have seen it so prevalent that the path of the boat was softly illuminated in the water for a great distance.

I expect that there is similar stuff on land as well.

SarahFair

I dont know, there are some real crazies in the woods.

One story my mom told me still spooks me to this day when I'm alone in the woods..
Said one of her best friends brothers used to hike hike (days/weeks at a time), and was way back in the mountains on a trail when he came up on a man wearing a wedding dress talking to himself down in a valley.
She said he just slowly backed away (unnoticed) and continued on his way, but it definitely spooked him.

The woods can attract all types of people that don't want to be found, and Lord, I don't want to be the one to find them, please and thank you.

Taco4x4

Ok I am writing this off as unexplained. My cameras took several pics of nothing. Assuming wind maybe. I found no boot tracks or sign of any kind that someone was there. If it was just one time I might just say my imagination got the best of me but it was three times in a row on random days.

What I have learned from this.
1. Never pull your pistol unless you have reasonable belief that your life is in danger.
2. Always keep one in the chamber or its useless.
3. Some things in life are best to keep to yourself.

Jimmypop

I got this picture on my phone a few days ago . Looks like whatever it is has 4 eyes. Doesn't seem to bother the doe that's looking at it though.

Attachments

• spypoint (4).jpg
    spypoint (4).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 94

jaydawg

I dont know, there are some real crazies in the woods.

One story my mom told me still spooks me to this day when I'm alone in the woods..
Said one of her best friends brothers used to hike hike (days/weeks at a time), and was way back in the mountains on a trail when he came up on a man wearing a wedding dress talking to himself down in a valley.
She said he just slowly backed away (unnoticed) and continued on his way, but it definitely spooked him.

The woods can attract all types of people that don't want to be found, and Lord, I don't want to be the one to find them, please and thank you.
Billy didn’t mean ta skeer nobody, he just thawt the dress wuz purty…

Blackston

The oceans are full of organisms that can be phosphorescent. If you have the chance to stand at the stern of a ship or boat and watch the wash from the propeller you might see it. I have seen it so prevalent that the path of the boat was softly illuminated in the water for a great distance.

I expect that there is similar stuff on land as well.
You just painted a picture of my childhood staring of the back of a shrimp trawler

Blackston

Since this thread died down i figured I’d share , Most of y’all know I had some chemical issues for a big part of my life … Well at the end of what I call “ my mess”
I found myself highly addicted to highly addictive chemicals made in trailers and done by folks with no teeth ( y’all get my drift ) …..Well this stuff makes you super paranoid, add that to being in the woods in the dark It is unbelievable what your mind will trick u into ….. A buddy pulls into the yard one night all freaked out and says “
Thank god I finally lost em “ they been following me for 6 hrs everywhere i turned they turned Last time I turned I lost em …… well upon further inspection we found the flashlight he left on the dog box had finally fell in the bed of the truck ….. He’d been running from the flashlight following him ……. Not the same thing I know but it made me think of it !! Praise GOD I ain’t gotta live like that no mo !!!!

slow motion

Since this thread died down i figured I’d share , Most of y’all know I had some chemical issues for a big part of my life … Well at the end of what I call “ my mess”
I found myself highly addicted to highly addictive chemicals made in trailers and done by folks with no teeth ( y’all get my drift ) …..Well this stuff makes you super paranoid, add that to being in the woods in the dark It is unbelievable what your mind will trick u into ….. A buddy pulls into the yard one night all freaked out and says “
Thank god I finally lost em “ they been following me for 6 hrs everywhere i turned they turned Last time I turned I lost em …… well upon further inspection we found the flashlight he left on the dog box had finally fell in the bed of the truck ….. He’d been running from the flashlight following him ……. Not the same thing I know but it made me think of it !! Praise GOD I ain’t gotta live like that no mo !!!!
Glad you made it back. Some don't. Lost a younger brother when he traveled that dark road and could never find his way home. Finally the only way out he could see was to take his own life.

I miss you little brother. You were always fearless. Sorry I didn't see how desperate you were. Know I'll see you on the other side one day. Listening to Give Heaven Some Hades by Hardy as I sit here misty eyed typing this. Seems very appropriate.

The the OP sorry for the hijack.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Had slugs/snails that glowed bright orange when I was in Germany. Dangest thing I ever seen. I think we were on ARTEP near Grafenwohr the tank range. Them suckers were glowing at night.:huh:. No hofbrau involved.
One of the weirdest things I ever saw:
I was out coon hunting one night by myself back in the mountains. I sat down on a log while my dogs were working out a cold track, and turned my light off. I looked down, and saw something in the leaf litter on the ground glowing blue-green, and moving. I got to scratching around, and it was a big glowing nightcrawler. It looked perfectly normal when I looked at it with my light, but when I'd turn my light back off, it would glow with that soft blue-green light. I figured that it had eaten some foxfire out of a rotten stump. That was about 40 years ago, and I've never seen anything like it since.