The Kid has some last minute success!!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Me and my Grandson The Kid made a last minute decision to go on a last minute sit to wind up the season.

We got in the stand about 1600 and got settled. He had decided to try out my .350L AR, with the RIX T20 day/night vision scope.

IMG_20240114_154702641.jpg

We had nothing but a bunch of guineas to show for the hunt, and it was getting late...

IMG_20240114_165530020.jpg

A very few minutes before last light, a tight group of six came walking down a trail...

They were about 70 yards out and he waited for somebody to step into the clear for a clean shot.

I told him it was all up to him, and do it if he liked it. A few seconds went by, and he said "I got him Papa, I'm takin' the shot."

I heard the safety click, and the gun went off. Nothing but tails, and running deer.

We gave it a few minutes, gathered up some lights and the tracking shotgun, and began the search.

Right where he thought it should be, I found some bright red blood, and we began an easy 60 yard track with this at the end...

33670~2.jpeg

IMG_20240114_183856383.jpg

He grabbed him a handful of ears, and went to work...

33674~2.jpeg

We loaded him up, and stopped by my buddy's place for a cold drink, and celebration.

TK did a big part of the breakdown himself, and is looking forward to some heart and inside tenderloins on the Blackstone Grill.

33664.jpeg33667.jpeg

This is the first time I have ever been in on a successful last day deer hunt, and I am proud of The Kid, and being able to share this with him!!

We are all indeed fortunate...

georgia_home

young Man did a great job! And working the Buck knife too!

congrats

WaltL1

Its awesome seeing him butcher that deer instead of just dropping it off at the processor. Valuable lesson.