Miracle Buck

bowandgun

In my favorite stand behind my house on 11/30 am about 950 7 doe come down the oak ridge. Why is there not a buck with them is my first thought they move almost out of sight when I catch a deer running down the same trail it’s a good 10 pt. I hit the grunt tube he stops but no shot. He runs after the doe and they scatter. He goes off after them and disappears. 20 minutes later I see two doe coming back but they turn and go over the ridge and I think great now if the buck returns he’s going to go over the ridge and be gone big if anyway. No sooner I think that and he popped out right under my stand! I flip safety off and squeeze the trigger and nothing. I fumble around and get the safety off and now he’s about 25 yards and going away but quartering just a little I find a small opening and shoot.
I waited and then looked around at shot site and nothing. I got a bad feeling right away. I searched for two hours on the trail he ran down and beyond. Nothing
I give up thinking I missed I had the debate all night hit or miss.
The next day I am convinced I hit him and go back and look for hair or anything but it rained so I found nothing.
I thought I would just go over and look at the spot where I field dressed a buck last week. I found some tiny remains and think maybe the 10 went up the hill instead of down the trail. I took ten steps and saw antlers! I raised my hands and thanked God.

Attachments

• IMG_6904.jpeg
    IMG_6904.jpeg
    399 KB · Views: 205
  • 72315055118__402450FD-855E-4FCA-869B-FB3BE01277BB.jpeg
    72315055118__402450FD-855E-4FCA-869B-FB3BE01277BB.jpeg
    465.7 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_6908.jpeg
    IMG_6908.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 204

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Congratulations on a fine buck! Hopefully it was cold enough you could save the meat.

Worley

Awesome deer fella, and a dandy set of heavy dark horns….

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Yes sir, that is a nice one. Congratulations.

bowandgun

In my favorite stand behind my house on 11/30 am about 950 7 doe come down the oak ridge. Why is there not a buck with them is my first thought they move almost out of sight when I catch a deer running down the same trail it’s a good 10 pt. I hit the grunt tube he stops but no shot. He runs after the doe and they scatter. He goes off after them and disappears. 20 minutes later I see two doe coming back but they turn and go over the ridge and I think great now if the buck returns he’s going to go over the ridge and be gone big if anyway. No sooner I think that and he popped out right under my stand! I flip safety off and squeeze the trigger and nothing. I fumble around and get the safety off and now he’s about 25 yards and going away but quartering just a little I find a small opening and shoot.
I waited and then looked around at shot site and nothing. I got a bad feeling right away. I searched for two hours on the trail he ran down and beyond. Nothing
I give up thinking I missed I had the debate all night hit or miss.
The next day I am convinced I hit him and go back and look for hair or anything but it rained so I found nothing.
I thought I would just go over and look at the spot where I field dressed a buck last week. I found some tiny remains and think maybe the 10 went up the hill instead of down the trail. I took ten steps and saw antlers! I raised my hands and thanked God.
Took the deer to processor and he said it was good. He didn’t stink and it was 40 that night

uturn

Great buck…that smile says it all!! Congratulations!