A Miracle

I was very fortunate Wednesday evening at Berry College WMA.
I spent the afternoon being mobile, getting to know the area because this was the first time I’ve hunted here. I found a series of scrapes and several other good areas but without a tree climber, hunting those areas would be difficult.
I eventually moved to a very small bluff overlooking a very grown clear cut area with several hundred yards of visibility. About 5:15 I saw him walking through a field around 200 yards away. I quickly repositioned myself to lay prone to get a steady shot but to my horror I couldn’t relocate him. After several minutes of desperate searching I decided to start grunting. I did a series of three grunts and waited with the sickening feeling that I'd never see that buck again.
I believe that in the grand scheme of things, God doesn't particularly care whether or not I shoot this buck but I do believe that he loves us and we can ask for his help. I said a quick prayer thanking him for the opportunity that I had to be out in his creation and then asked him if he would give me the chance to see this buck again and have an opportunity at him.
Barely one second after saying amen, I started hearing the familiar noise of small brush being flattened. At first it was very faint but got louder and louder each second. Because the brush was so high, it was difficult to pinpoint the source of the noise but I knew it was close. Then, out of nowhere, he stepped out 35 yards away walking my direction. Without hesitation, I shot him full through the front of his chest and he dropped without a step.
When I came down to him I started shaking like a leaf. Once I calmed down a bit I knelt down and gave a prayer of gratitude and then called my dad and told him what happened.
I know he's not worthy of being on a magazine but he's my best buck I've killed thus far and has a very special miracle attached to his taking.
Hope you guys enjoyed reading.
IMG_9250.jpegIMG_9267.jpeg

TonyP62

I was very fortunate Wednesday evening at Berry College WMA.
I spent the afternoon being mobile, getting to know the area because this was the first time I’ve hunted here. I found a series of scrapes and several other good areas but without a tree climber, hunting those areas would be difficult.
I eventually moved to a very small bluff overlooking a very grown clear cut area with several hundred yards of visibility. About 5:15 I saw him walking through a field around 200 yards away. I quickly repositioned myself to lay prone to get a steady shot but to my horror I couldn’t relocate him. After several minutes of desperate searching I decided to start grunting. I did a series of three grunts and waited with the sickening feeling that I'd never see that buck again.
I believe that in the grand scheme of things, God doesn't particularly care whether or not I shoot this buck but I do believe that he loves us and we can ask for his help. I said a quick prayer thanking him for the opportunity that I had to be out in his creation and then asked him if he would give me the chance to see this buck again and have an opportunity at him.
Barely one second after saying amen, I started hearing the familiar noise of small brush being flattened. At first it was very faint but got louder and louder each second. Because the brush was so high, it was difficult to pinpoint the source of the noise but I knew it was close. Then, out of nowhere, he stepped out 35 yards away walking my direction. Without hesitation, I shot him full through the front of his chest and he dropped without a step.
When I came down to him I started shaking like a leaf. Once I calmed down a bit I knelt down and gave a prayer of gratitude and then called my dad and told him what happened.
I know he's not worthy of being on a magazine but he's my best buck I've killed thus far and has a very special miracle attached to his taking.
Hope you guys enjoyed reading.
View attachment 1273427View attachment 1273428
Sounds like a great hunt you should be proud of that deer i sure would be! Its the memories that count trust me you will remember that one forever.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
A hunt to remember and and one fine deer.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Great buck, and great story!

crucible02

Man that’s awesome! Great buck and love the story. I had a similar experience in October. I had just prayed thanking God for the privilege of being in His creation and 2 minutes later, I shot my best archery buck!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Congrats on a great trophy and a memorable hunt. When you recognize the source from which all blessings flow, the hunt is even more special.

What he said. ^ God smiled on you for sure. :rockon:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Goodness gracious what a buck! Woohoo! Thanks for sharing such a glorious day with us! And congrats on a fantastic buck! :rockon:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Congrats on a great hunt and a beautiful buck !

Latest posts