Old Nov bow buck finally

Kris87

I really thought this buck was impossible to kill. He's blind in his left eye, has a real funky rack. I've been chasing him since 2020 so I really have no idea how old he actually is, but he's old. I've never actually laid eyes on him today, until 330pm when he was lock step with a doe. Made a very difficult 34 yd shot all contorted in the stand and double lunged him. It just seemed to happen so easy after 4 years of impossibilities. I would call him the smartest buck I've ever killed. Proud is an understatement.PXL_20231119_220530664.NIGHT~3.jpgPXL_20231119_220536260.NIGHT~2.jpgPXL_20231119_220156996~2.jpg

tjchurch

Awesome, I love the funky rack. Congratulations.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Congrats on a great buck !!!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Nice!

Seminole Wind

That’s a great buck and story about hunting him. It never ceases to amaze me how suddenly everything falls into place and that big buck is finally down. Persistence pays off.

cliffdweller

I really, really enjoyed your story, every word that you said is dead on. It's so strange how you can spend hundreds and hundreds of hours, dollars, on time, energy, tricks, and gimmicks, and then one day it just happens so effortlessly. These big old bucks that you have history with get into your heart, mind, and soul. It becomes very personal. A Huge Congratulations on an outstanding buck, he is a stud, and one of a kind.

Latest posts