Struggling to get excited about the upcoming season.

rugerfan

Sorry you’re feeling this way.

Why do you only hunt weekends?

Vacation days are a great for hunting.
I really need to use some of my vacation for it, just poor planning on my part.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Well look at the bright side...at least you don't have to pay $437 to hunt land you own like I do. :mad:

rugerfan

Well look at the bright side...at least you don't have to pay $437 to hunt land you own like I do. :mad:
Well you have a point, but is it all that bad?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I really need to use some of my vacation for it, just poor planning on my part.

I used to take at least 10 vacation days during deer season. Mondays are especially quiet in the woods.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I used to take at least 10 vacation days during deer season. Mondays are especially quiet in the woods.
Taking opening weekend off, then a week in December and almost the whole month of January to hunt.

I'm really looking forward to this hunting season as I missed last year.

Buford_Dawg

Yep, life happens and hunting gets put on the back burner. My father, who I grew up hunting with passed away last Dec 2022. This will be the first deer season without him, will definitely feel different as I sit in a stand not being able to text with him asking what he is seeing. But, I'm going, got sons and terrific hunting buddies that will keep me going.

rugerfan

Why should I have to pay for the privilege to hunt my land in another state, because I haven't moved there yet?
I'm already having to pay the kings tax for owning the land.
yes sir , I agree that if you pay taxes on the land hunting it for free should be legal.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
The woods help clear my head, even if just for a little while. Get back on your horse, and hit the woods. The small things are important in nature, it good for the soul.
Ive been going Through some rough things lately myself. Somehow I forced myself to go climb a tree yesterday (my day off).I was feeling wiped out and just didn’t feel like doing anything, but I did nothing on Tuesday as well. It was rejuvenating to be up a tree just hanging out, watching the woods.… I needed it more than I realized.

X2 on the vacation time….look forward to it and go!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Go to the woods with no expectations, sit quietly and listen to what God has to say to you. He will refresh you and your love of the outdoors.

ballvina

Been several seasons of my life where lifes problems would take the wind out of my sails. I mustered up the motivation and once I was just in the woods or up a tree the energy feeling just overcame me and was reconnected! Afterall natures therapy is free so to speak and most rewarding! Hope you find your way and good luck!

Eudora

I feel your pain and can relate. I too lost my hunting Buddy, my younger brother, Dec 13, 2022. He was a Gwinnett County Senior Corrections Officer who was gunned down by a 22 year old punk as he stepped out of his vehicle at the Gwinnett County Corrections Facility (still no trial date set). He and I hunted in Jasper County on land we owned together. Opening day of gun season was a VERY special day for us, but I just can't get excited about it this year. I like to hunt, but I mainly hunted because I hated him to be in the woods by himself. I would feel lost without him as we texted back and forth during the hunt. If he went while I wasn't there, he texted me when he got secured in his stand (early in the morning which usually woke me ) and again when he reached terra-firma with a recap of what he saw. I don't know if I can even get into a stand this season? I was walking the land just yesterday and saw 7 big does in our food plot. I wanted to text him and tell him what I saw ...... but most likely, he knew. I'm sure he saw it too. I really miss him. Our family has been working with the DNR Foundation for some special hunting projects at Clybel WMA in his memory which I feel good about. I may just focus on that this year. Heartbreaking to hear the other stories, but the kind replies to them shows how special hunting is an activity that builds strong bonds. NIV: Job 12:7-10

rugerfan

I feel your pain and can relate. I too lost my hunting Buddy, my younger brother, Dec 13, 2022. He was a Gwinnett County Senior Corrections Officer who was gunned down by a 22 year old punk as he stepped out of his vehicle at the Gwinnett County Corrections Facility (still no trial date set). He and I hunted in Jasper County on land we owned together. Opening day of gun season was a VERY special day for us, but I just can't get excited about it this year. I like to hunt, but I mainly hunted because I hated him to be in the woods by himself. I would feel lost without him as we texted back and forth during the hunt. If he went while I wasn't there, he texted me when he got secured in his stand (early in the morning which usually woke me ) and again when he reached terra-firma with a recap of what he saw. I don't know if I can even get into a stand this season? I was walking the land just yesterday and saw 7 big does in our food plot. I wanted to text him and tell him what I saw ...... but most likely, he knew. I'm sure he saw it too. I really miss him. Our family has been working with the DNR Foundation for some special hunting projects at Clybel WMA in his memory which I feel good about. I may just focus on that this year. Heartbreaking to hear the other stories, but the kind replies to them shows how special hunting is an activity that builds strong bonds. NIV: Job 12:7-10
Brother, I am so sorry about your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family. My honest advice, go to the woods, talk to your brother, talk to God.

May you find peace in your heart.

I want to thank everyone for your comments, thoughts and prayers. As of right now I will be with you all in the woods tomorrow! So good luck to all.