Couple of Hole Dwellers...

rip18

A couple of hole dwellers in southeastern Georgia from the last couple of weeks...

Portrait of an eastern indigo snake; I really like the red under her chin.

Nikon D300s, Lester A. Dine 105 mm, f/7.2, 1/250th second, ISO 100, handheld, natural light, slight crop.

An armadillo digging for invertebrates in a rotten pine log. I was standing on the log on the other side of the palmetto when it started vibrating under my feet & I could hear something on the other side of the palmetto. He let me get off the log & walk around & get a few pictures before he decided to "get further"...

Nikon D3, Nikkor 28-85 @ 55mm, f/3.8, 1/1600th second, ISO 250, handheld, natural light, full frame.

Attachments

• gon9877indigowebcra.jpg
    gon9877indigowebcra.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 117
  • gon9408armadilloweba.jpg
    gon9408armadilloweba.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 135

wvdawg

Staff member
Outstanding!

Lee Woodie

Was that indigo snake a large one an that possum on the half shell looks healthy you got some great captures Rip

quinn

Great shots.Looking forward to see what you got while you were away!

LOVEMYLABXS

Great shots of the hole dwellers Rip :cool:

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Fine critter Captures Rip, are they from this years Slone Dixon workshop?

rip18

Thanks, y'all!

Was that indigo snake a large one

She was about 6' long - large enough, but not impressively large & massive like some of them.

are they from this years Slone Dixon workshop?

No, not yet! We're not headed to the Solon Dixon until late April this year in hopes of catching a few more birds & a more fully flowered bog. These were from southeast Georgia. I was over in Camden County prescribed burning 752 acres, but managed to grab a few shots... ;)

rip18

Thanks, y'all. Yep, I was a mite close to it... ;)