Oldtown Vapor 10 or Ascend FS10

Gumswamp

Fellas will accept all the advice you can give. My budget is limited and I am trying to decide between these 2 kayaks.
Will be used mainly in 100 acre + PFA lakes, farm pond and Ocmulgee River below Macon, Ga. Which one is my best choice ?

Thank You to everyone for all the help.

Gumswamp

Wishin I was Fishin

Are you going for an angler edition or standard? Are you stuck on 10 ft? I know that the 10 ft sit in angler edition of the Ascend is about $20 than the 12 ft Sit on top angler edition Ascend. Never read much about the Vapor. I'm sure some other guys can chime in, I just have a little bit of knowledge because i've researched way too many kayaks in the past few weeks. I finally settled on a Perception Pescador from Academy. I think they sell a 10 ft Sit On Top for about $450 as well.

Randy

I'd get the Old Town because I am a rep. But the difference between the two is mostly in the seat. Look at both seats and see which one you like the best.

Either one would work for you, check the reviews for each one and see which one you like best

willyredeemed

if you are going to be running the oc, you might want to consider a sit-on-top kayak. with a budget +/- $500, you might consider a ws tarpon 100, ok endeavor (12 ft), ok scrambler (12 ft) and others as SOT options.

between the two you listed above, i would choose the vapor.

catalpa

Gumswamp look me up when you get your kayak, we have a couple old town kayaks and love the river.

peeblesfire

I have an ascend angeler 10 I like the storage room and stability for still water I also have a friend with a old town vapor 10 the two major differances i see are that the ascend drows a little more water but has the deck closer to you the vapor has a bigger cokpit both are good yaks the ascend was a little cheaper two years ago not sure now