High End Custom Paintings from photographs

I'll keep this short - I'm a digital artist living (fishing) in Savannah. My name is Tal Willis, and I think I have something that might interest many in the group.

I create unique paintings from digital photographs using a wireless paintbrush. Each stroke is handpainted --- this is NOT a push button effect created by Photoshop. The final product is printed on watercolor paper or canvas by me on a large format Giclée printer from my home. It is without question the best printing process available, with each painting lasting between 80 - 100 years. I feel there would be some hunters/fishers in the group who would be interested, but I don't want to be one of those dummies who appears to be selling something to benefit only themselves. What I'm offering is a work of art that can be proudly displayed and, because of its longevity, handed down to grandchildren.

My work is not limited to hunting and fishing. If youv'e got a photo and a need for a gift or something unique, I'm your "go to guy"...

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Tal Willis, 912.272.6360
www.talwillis.com

The first image shows the work in it's entirety (it's actually 20x30), and the second shows actual size texture and detail. Feedback welcome-good and bad.

Attachments

• Sky-Painting-20x30.jpg
    Sky-Painting-20x30.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 411
  • Sky-Merritt-Painting-detail.jpg
    Sky-Merritt-Painting-detail.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 444

seaweaver

Dude, I can' tell if my computer rez is set right to acuratly view your sample. What's this going to look like in person?
I got a pic of a Goood dog i'm thinking about.
cw

Caution

Do not be fooled by the adverts talking about photo's to canvas. Or,maybe thats all you want is a plain photo printed on canvas. It is what it is. That's all well and good.

Let it be known that my work is not just a photo printed on canvas.... and as snobby as that sounds, I'm a very down to earth fisherman. The file size limitations on most forums, prevent me from displaying an image with acurate detail. Staring at their own custom painting at actual size hanging on a wall in his/her dwelling, is the only way to appreciate the difference between a photo printed on canvas- and a painting on canvas.

Attachments

• HoneyReducedGON.jpg
    HoneyReducedGON.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 376
  • HoneyDetailGON.jpg
    HoneyDetailGON.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 407
Good Dog

Seaweaver,

I use an apple 23" LCD that is color calibrated (because I'm a designer and Illustrator). All monitors purchased are not color calibrated, and some are then tweeked by the human eye of the consumer because something just does'nt look right.. Who don't like to "tweek" stuff anyway!

The paintings I post on this and other forums will look very different on most monitors because of this. Ambient light in the computer room, (or anywhere) changes throughout the day which effects our perception of colors and objects.

I can tell you that I create each and every one of my paintings as if they would hang on my wall. I strive to be one of the best. If my painting of your "good dog" does not blow you away, I'll refund your money.

See my website for more images. www.talwillis.com I have 10 or so new paintings that need to be posted but I'm tweeking my tackle box after this note.

Thanks for the interest in my work. Tal

P.S. - Here's an example of a good dawg!
Sonny Seiler gave it the big thumbs up and my paintings and watercolors were in the UGA bookstore within a week.

Attachments

• UGA-VI-Framed-GON.jpg
    UGA-VI-Framed-GON.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 314
  • UGADetailGON.jpg
    UGADetailGON.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 308

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Those are nice. Im always looking for something unique but most of the time I cant afford it.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Nice indeed:cool:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I've sent Tal an order!

I can't wait to see it!

I bought my wife a ## X ## of the ######### ##### and he is customizing it by ######### ##### ####### ###### for my wife for Mother's Day!:D

I'll fill in the blanks after I've given it to her! Don't want to spoil the surprise!

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
UPS just delivered "it" and it looks great!

After I give "it" to Debbie, I'll let everyone know what "it" is!

Tal, Thanks for the great work on the piece and the speedy delivery!

It looks great!!!:fine:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I gave the wife her painting this weekend and she loved it!

I gave her the shrimpboat Tal has on his website. Tal changed the name on the boat replacing it with Debbie's middle name.

It turned out great!

She has been remodeling our bedroom in nautical themes and this really went well with the theme and had a personal touch!

Maybe it will make up for the dishwasher I gave her for Christmas!

Thanks Tal!!!

Double Barrel BB

How long does it take to get one that you have in your Gallery on your website delivered?

I am interested in the, Painting of Forsyth Fountain in Savannah, GA, That is where I proposed to my Wife on Valentines Day 2001.

I was thinking about getting it for her for our 4th Anniversary coming this July 6th. Just wanted to figure out how long in advance I would need to order it....

Thanks,
DB BB

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
DB BB,

Send him an e-mail and get Tal's attention.

He had mine shipped in just a couple of days.

Some general info on pricing.

The digital work takes anywhere from 30 to 60 hours (depending on complexity of the image and how much detail you want to show) pricing starts at $300. You then choose what you would like to print on (watercolor paper or canvas). I give good discounts on more than one print and my pricing is insane because I own my own printer. The savings are passed on the the client.

General pricing for the canvas and watercolor are the prices on my website at www.talwillis.com

You will pay the shipping and it's reasonable.

Framing - I don't mess with the whole matt and glass gig. I do have a framer who does great work for me about a half mile from my house.

I do frame my canvas work myself. I spent a lot of time searching for the right moulding that would fit my rustic subjects. It's a really worn driftwood unlike anything you've seen before. It comes in dark and light versions in various widths. I can also get many other moulding if "rustic" is not your style.

Pricing does include tax and I'll be happy to quote you on a custom painting. I need some custom work with fish shots right now. I'm starting a new sight at www.sportfishingart.com It's not live yet but will be soon. I need samples for my site and I'll make you a great deal.

If you like, send me a jpeg of the image you had in mind.

I really focus on the quality of my work, however, I'm real bad at typing and can butcher english as good as anyone.

Please call me if you would like to talk at 912-272-6360