Hunters needed for Zone 9 in NE Iowa

I have leased some dirt in zone 9 in Iowa. This land is near Colesburg. The land is 200 acres. I have already paid the lease. My group is going for bow hunting the first two weeks of Nov. I am interested in getting someone for gun hunting to help with the cost. The zone had 63% draw success with 0 points last year but would be 100% for people who have at least one point looks like. I would be interested in leasing either or both of the gun hunts out. I'm thinking 2000 for each season if I have two different groups, however, if someone wants both then we could work out something for that as well. Like I said I'm just trying to lessen my overall cost a little.

Also I have contact info from the landowner, he has some other land that he leases out to hunt, he books it on separate schedule. I have leased that property for the 2 weeks that I'm going to be up there. Its another 250 acres and has alot of woods. I have not discussed availability of that land to gun hunt since I was not going for gun, but that could also be an option if someone wants more dirt. Land also butts up to 1000 acres of public that appears to have pretty limited access. Also have contact for a couple different options to stay for anyone not interested in hotel rooms.

I have not been to the property yet. I plan to go in late April or May to scout and get a few sets of sticks up before the crops get to big to get around the fields. Also will have options for this property in 2025 and beyond if it turns out to be any good for gun or bow. I would also be interested in finding someone pick up the property so that I could keep it if it turns out to be good. Zone 9 looks like you need 2-3 points for Bow based off the recent draw stats.

Jim Boyd

Mr. Adams.

Great offering and good luck.

Sounds like you have a good approach.

I want to bow hunt in 2025 and it will be me only.

I have either 5 or 6 points so I can hunt.

I plan on SE Iowa that year but have not gone on my scouting trip yet. That would put me quite close to the Illinois farm I hunt.

Would consider the NE part of the state of the deal is good and there are decent woods.

Again, good luck!

Jim

Jim Boyd

225 miles from where I hunt to Colesburg.

Hope someone jumps in with you!!!!!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Those percentages you speak of.... Those are for gun hunts correct? Has, always been every 3rd year for me with a bow in zone 9 (Decorah)

zmgsvt

I've hunted just west of Decorah. But yes, no archery tags were given out for nonresidents with under 5 points in zone 5 last year. 4 and 6 are taking 4+.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240221-122224.png
    Screenshot_20240221-122224.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 15

meservais

I will be archery hunting unit 9 this fall also, Looking for land to lease. Are you taking everything he has available or if he has additional property to lease I would be interested. Also may be interested in sharing a cabin. Non Smoker.
Thanks, Michael

Latest posts