Land Between the Lakes

I put my name in for a gun hunt drawing up in Kentucky @ Land between the lakes, any zone.

Have any of you guys ever been hunting there? What out of state white tails hunts are you guys doing?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
None for me but good luck to you ! I do know some guys that use to hunt there during archery season and had great luck

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Some of my family has farms there, there’s excellent deer population there.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Never hunted it but know some guys who do in bow season. They kill a bunch with primitive archery equipment.

I was planning on just going for the gun hunt. But depending on how work is looking I may try and take off up there for bow season as well.

Had a guy in a private poker game recommend it to me. Googled it and saw huge deer. Figure it's closer than Iowa or Kansas and still gives me a decent shot at a biggun!

Jim Boyd

I have seen whoppers driving through there.

West central Illinois for me, going earlier than normal this year.

28 Oct - 10 Nov (or thereabouts)

Wish you a GIANT good luck!!!!!!

Jim Boyd

Figure it's closer than Iowa or Kansas and still gives me a decent shot at a biggun!

Prepare to be shocked at the size of them.

First big one I ever saw up there was one my buddy killed and all I could do was gawk.

Everything about that deer was BIG (including the antlers).

The big bucks are routinely over 250 lbs with some north of 300.

Prepare to be shocked at the size of them.

First big one I ever saw up there was one my buddy killed and all I could do was gawk.

Everything about that deer was BIG (including the antlers).

The big bucks are routinely over 250 lbs with some north of 300.
Lol. With not knowing anyone for 400 miles I might end up quartering it, and packing it out western style.

Jim Boyd

Lol. With not knowing anyone for 400 miles I might end up quartering it, and packing it out western style.

That can be a very real problem. I tried to drag one in 2021 and made it about 5’ and gave up.

A young man might have made it a ways but this old man could not.

Got 4wd tractor to him.

I am gonna get this wrong (my brother will recall) but we gutted him and cut the skull cap off and I think he weighed 220-230 at processor.

Close to 300 on the hoof, I would think.

Accidental gut shot. He walked about 3’ and laid down and died.

Blind hogs really do find acorns occasionally.

Again, best of luck, sir!!

HavocLover

The gun hunt is extremely hard to get drawn for. it’s not what it used to be AT ALL. Gets a lot of archery pressure and it’s very intimidating. Big place, very hilly, ticks EVERYWHERE, absolutely zero cell service.

huntersluck

I know some guys who now hunt LBL and they keep cameras out a good bit of the year, they say some good deer but be prepared to sit all day and go way back in. They are hunting between 2 and 3 miles deep. I have looked at some photos and they have some good ones no doubt

HughW2

That whole area from Clarksville, TN to LBTL up through Western KY has big population and great deer. Would love to hunt it. I used to know a guy that lived in Owensboro, KY and he showed me some incredible pics of his kills and game camera pics that were amazing.

BULL MOOSE

We are in 7.

Just a tip, but since you will already have a KY non-resident license this year, I would put in for a WMA quota hunt starting Sept. 1 for $3. If you dont draw, you will have a point. This hunt would be before the LBL gun hunt. You only get one buck. There are not any bonus bucks. Plus, there are some WMA's open for muzzleloader at various times.

M80

Useles Billy’s Spiritual Counselor
I hunter it years ago after the youth gun hunt. I saw 2 deer from the stand all week. One dove and a 140” buck chasing her the first morning. Thought we hit jackpot but nothing for 4 days after that. It was super tuff for us and my dad has hunted for 40 years at the time and me for 25 years.

DOUG 281

I leased land in SC from a guy that was born and raised up there he took some fine looking bucks up there he quit deer hunting when he got to SC because of the size different and took up turkey hunting

Arrow3

I've turkey hunted it a few times. I recommend renting one of the cabins at energy lake Campground.