Who’s had their vehicle messed with

BigBass123

Never while hunting, but I have while camping down in Florida. They went through my glove box and threw all my papers/owner’s manual/etc. all over the place but don’t keep anything valuable in my truck ever for that very reason.

a 45 stolen

This right here is my biggest fear. Won’t carry anywhere I won’t/can’t have it on my person for this reason.

westcobbdog

When I hunt public land I worry about some low life breaking into my car and getting ripped off. I take what I can't live without ( pistol, wallet, ect..) and sometimes rather than hauling that stuff around in my pack which is already heavy enough I simply pick a hidden spot 30 yds into the woods and hide those items under leaves.

Toliver

Someone stole a mess of titty bream out of my cooler about 45 years ago.

I figured they were hungry.
I am almost 52 years old. Lived in Georgia my whole life. Been fishing since I was 18 months old. Learned a new fishing term today. I had to look that up to see if it was a real thing or an odd typo. It's real and counts as my "Learned something new today".

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I am almost 52 years old. Lived in Georgia my whole life. Been fishing since I was 18 months old. Learned a new fishing term today. I had to look that up to see if it was a real thing or an odd typo. It's real and counts as my "Learned something new today".
My dad always Called them that when they were so big you had to put them up against your chest to get the hook out :huh:

toolmkr20

Never had anyone mess with my vehicle but have had several notes left under my wiper blade. Usually people that got there late wanting to complain how I was in their spot.

Jim Boyd

Ebenezer swamp grows the biggest ones I have ever seen.

Alll kidding aside, we filleted them.

kingfish

Heard several stories about Guntersville Lake in Bama. Locals at the ramp will take their ducks and put them in your out of state duck boat or truck bed and then point it out to the game wardens. Hard to explain yourself out of that.

toolmkr20

Always loved the ones who put tape across roads and posted signs. 8 people hunting here.

I usually pull down flagging tape when I see it. People usually leave it like trash anyways. There was a time when I would use bright eyes and would pull them off the tree when I left but now so many people leave them you’re just as likely to get turned around by them. Now I just pay attention to my surroundings when scouting (ditch lines, certain tree characteristics etc) and trust that I can find my way. I do have some reflective tape on my climber though.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Never hunting but boat ramps are the worst for thieves. I have an uncle who is now retired but he built houses his whole life. I bet he's lost 200K in tools over the years. Would pry the hinges off the trailer doors, have broken the locks on his camper top, etc, etc.

My aunt use to give him a nasty word sammich every time. I dont think he ever learned to not drive his work truck to the landing. :bounce:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
In Florida my buddy had his stereo and tools stolen…so far nothing where I’ve been.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
lol a titty bream is a good one

basshappy

BANNED
New business model. Hire 1 or 2 from box store parking lot to ride along and hang out at the vehicle with phone of signal available etc. Thinking spending $100 as insurance may be worth it. To enjoy hunting or fishing peace of mind vehicle is not unattended.