Who’s had their vehicle messed with

bjorns4

Just out of curiosity for those that hunt public lands. I was looking at the waterfowl section and people were talking about tires getting slashed out of state. Have any of you had issues in Georgia on public land hunts?

• Angry
Reactions: Dub

175rltw

BANNED
Had my jeep broken into 2 windows broken out a 45 stolen along with a backpack and a bunch of flyfishing gear at Burrell ford on the chatooga river. Talking over $500 in damage and close to $4000 in theft.

Sheriff gave me a police report for insurance claim but they wouldn’t dust for finger prints or anything. Said the peeps came over from South Carolina so there was no point in investigating.

That’s Rabun county and I had lumpkin plates. So like 2 counties over.

KentuckyHeadhunter

I've been lucky I guess. Knock on wood. I heard of tires being cut on Dawson forest WMA many years ago. Used to be more moonshiners and meth-heads back then but I think the latter is still around. I've met some super sketchy dudes in the CNF. Be armed. Film encounters with your phone if you have to. Don't assume everyone is bad but assume they could be.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Constant concern fishing public areas, not so much hunting.

Hillbilly stalker

The dope heads around here will cut your catalytic converter off in a skinny minute while your in the woods. I park over top of any mud hole I can get to, they won’t lay in water. I had a CB stolen several years ago, left my truck unlocked. That was before all these pillheads came about.

tucker80

Years ago came back to the ramp to find the trailer sitting on blocks. It's most always a boat ramp in my experience. The waterfowl stuff you read is most likely oos guys in Arkansas at the public ramps. Opening weekend can get pretty wild out there. At least it used too.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
We had a boat trailer stolen off the ochlocknee river in north fla many years ago. Public landing.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Had my jeep broken into 2 windows broken out a 45 stolen along with a backpack and a bunch of flyfishing gear at Burrell ford on the chatooga river. Talking over $500 in damage and close to $4000 in theft.

Sheriff gave me a police report for insurance claim but they wouldn’t dust for finger prints or anything. Said the peeps came over from South Carolina so there was no point in investigating.

That’s Rabun county and I had lumpkin plates. So like 2 counties over.
Was this recently or a few years back?

It used to be real bad around there

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
I have not. I have two buddies that have. One had tires slashed on his boat trailer. The other actually came out of the woods and walked up on two guys halfway through cutting his exhaust off.