BF Grant Camera Theft

DannyW

Oddly, I have never had a camera stolen on public land. But, I have had three stolen off my own property over the last few years.
Same here. Over the years I have had two stands stolen, and at least 4-5 cameras that I can immediately recall, all on private land leases. Go figure.

Davexx1

Mount your camera up above eye level and off to the side of the likely approach path. Use a camo cable lock. Put a small lock or ty-rap on the door (if possible) to prevent theft of the SD card. Pla a couple or three leafy branches around the camera to break up its outline, but not block its view of your target area.

I usually won’t leave one out for more than 2 weeks, I’ve been blessed because I put cameras out on B F GRANT several times, they’re not leaving an SD card because they want to see what is on it
The comment about the SD card was just a joke but if thats all they wanted they should have just taken the card

Whit90

I went down to get mine this past weekend. It was still there, but I hide mine so well that it is sometimes hard for me to find them. That is the trick.

BASS1FUN

Lol I knew it was a joke just ashamed that a hunter would stoop so low to steal, I get following someone’s trail markers ( not deliberately trying to find them) and I’ve found cameras with a corn pile on the ONF about 60 yards behind the main tree I sit in, just why to mess with someone else’s property is ridiculous.

Whit90

Lol I knew it was a joke just ashamed that a hunter would stoop so low to steal, I get following someone’s trail markers ( not deliberately trying to find them) and I’ve found cameras with a corn pile on the ONF about 60 yards behind the main tree I sit in, just why to mess with someone else’s property is ridiculous.
Yes sir, I’ve found corn with a climber at the base of a tree 30 yards away on ONF before. Really messed up a good spot for everyone.

chrislibby88

Did you at least have it cabled and locked ? I buy the cheapest I can find and still lock them up. What I'd REALLY like to do is get an old broken camera and rig it with an explosive of some sort so it blows up in their face as soon as they open it. Or, fill it full of Fentanyl and when they open it they're done. Have a little note inside the camera that says "If you hadn't messed with it, you'd still be here" But, stuff like that is frowned upon.
Woah… that turned rather dark quick.