RATTLER and Bull snake didn't take my own advice

LOVEMYLABXS

Yep walked around the corner of the Jeep the other day and laying (or is it lieing:huh:) right below the drivers door is this fellow. Now snakes don't bother me a whole bunch if I see them quick enough but I come arond the back of the Jeep and he LIT UP.

Now I know in my vid I said take your time, control your breathin and slowly mush a shot :clap: Well I follwoed none of my advice I yelled at Rebecca to get the gun, at the dogs to stay and get back then it dawned on me I had the Kodak and sort of mushed a shot. As you might be able to tell the shot ain't that clear (even after some photoshop) but I just couldn't seem to slow down my heart rate to get a clear pic of him being a bit upset at me :hair:

Attachments

• 100_4823.jpg
    100_4823.jpg
    435 KB · Views: 616
Last edited:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Good pic, even if you are rattled (no pun intended :D). Is that what they call a Pacific rattler, Mike? And how long is this critter?

LOVEMYLABXS

Even after a load of bird shot out of the Ruger I still didn't get that great of a shot so once again some PS to inhance it a bit. :rolleyes: Just couldn't seem to slow my heart rate down after only being a couple of steps from him when I rounded the corner of the Jeep but then again this is my favorite shot of a Rattler :cheers:

Attachments

• 100_4826-1.jpg
    100_4826-1.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 546

Lukikus2

Man, that bad boy was upset posing like that. His skin looks dull like it's about to start shedding and that gets them ill tempered too.

LOVEMYLABXS

Good pic, even if you are rattled (no pun intended :D). Is that what they call a Pacific rattler, Mike? And how long is this critter?

Nic pun intended I was and I'll admit it he RATTLED the heck out of me :hair: me and the dogs were way to close and it took a good amount of YELLIN at Chase (he thinks he's Billy bad butt at anything in his yard) to get him to back off and leave it alone, think I was more worried about the dogs then myself. Yea I'm pretty sure it's what's called a Pacific Rattler but now he's just DEAD :clap:PM comeing your way about tanning one hope you don't mind?

Anyways today I got a chance to redeem myself and shoot a Bullsnake then help him off the road so someone else wounldn't make him a flat spot out of him :cheers: Funny how when you see them and are expecting them they don't spook ya as much :D

Oh and about 2 maybe 2-1/2 ft long

Attachments

• 100_4833.JPG
    100_4833.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 536

LOVEMYLABXS

Man, that bad boy was upset posing like that. His skin looks dull like it's about to start shedding and that gets them ill tempered too.

Luk he was right upset and even took a strike at me even though I was LUCKALY way out of his range. Once again I found out and OLD MAN can move pretty darn fast when need be :( BACKWARDS )clap::rofl:

Lukikus2

Luk he was right upset and even took a strike at me even though I was LUCKALY way out of his range. Once again I found out and OLD MAN can move pretty darn fast when need be :( BACKWARDS )clap::rofl:

I'm glad for you :clap: I know to well how those things will unerve you.:eek: Pretty bull snake.

LOVEMYLABXS

I'm glad for you :clap: I know to well how those things will unerve you.:eek: Pretty bull snake.

Luk unerve? can you say almost needed a change of shorts:D I like the Bullsnakes not sure if it's true or not but I heard they eat baby Rattlers so that makes them a friend of mine I even got Rebecca getting out to shoot pics of them then hearding them off the road so they won't get runover :clap::yeah:

Mike

carver

Looking forward to something cool coming from that skin Mike.

wvdawg

Staff member
:hair:Mike!!!!

Last week the toilet shot! ::ke:This week the soiled britches! :whip:

I hope this isn't a trend beginning!:huh:

Oh - nice mushin' by the way!

Hoss

That will definitely kick the ol blood pump into high gear. I think you did pretty darn good with that first shot especially since I'm pretty sure the Kodak doesn't have image stabilization in it. Glad you got everyone away from that critter.

Great bull snake capture.

Hoss

quinn

Nice shootin Mike!The bull snake is super clear!