New style Scratch Box

rutandstrut

While I was in Birmingham at the World Turkey and Deer Expo. I visited my Mom and Brother who live in Birmingham. While I was at my Mom's house I asked her if any one ever cut any of the Bamboo that is growing across the street from her house. She said people cut it all the time. That is all I needed to hear! I pulled out my folding saw and went to work. Below is a picture of the first four scratch boxes I made using the Bamboo and some Sinker Pecky Cypress I had in my shop. The bottom two Scratch Boxes are Knee and Tree Scratch Boxes. The front is from a Cypress Knee and the back is Sinker Pecky Cypress.

Attachments

• 2011-07-22_09-39-55_287.jpg
    2011-07-22_09-39-55_287.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 693
  • 2011-07-22_09-40-20_468.jpg
    2011-07-22_09-40-20_468.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 638
Last edited:

yellowhammer73

Picked up these calls at the blast and as usual Tim did it again!! The wife fell in love with the regular scratch box and bought one! Now she has three of tim's friction calls. Thanks Tim for another pretty and great sounding call.

Gun Guru

Stopped by his booth at the Blast. Has some real nice work. Had a small box he made outta wormy chestnut. Simply BEAUTIFUL!

rutandstrut

Picked up these calls at the blast and as usual Tim did it again!! The wife fell in love with the regular scratch box and bought one! Now she has three of tim's friction calls. Thanks Tim for another pretty and great sounding call.

You are welcome! Thanks for stopping by my booth. I am glad your wife found something to add to her Turkey Hunting Arsenal. It is people like you and your wife that drive my passion for Call Making and Wild Turkey Hunting!

deuce1

Nice work Tim! I have been experimenting with some cane that i cut down behind my Dad's house. I was not able to make the Blast i hope it is being good to you.

wvdawg

Staff member
That little scratch box sounded great today - Debbie's getting pretty good with it! Good to see ya'll. Love the copper call - been driving momma crazy with it this evening!

rutandstrut

Nice work Tim! I have been experimenting with some cane that i cut down behind my Dad's house. I was not able to make the Blast i hope it is being good to you.

Thanks Duece! I have used some River Cane to make some 2 and 3 piece yelpers. We had a great time at the Blast!

That little scratch box sounded great today - Debbie's getting pretty good with it! Good to see ya'll. Love the copper call - been driving momma crazy with it this evening!

Thanks! I am glad you like the Copper Call. I
Was good seeing ya'll at the Blast!

moyehow

nice meeting you and Debbie at the blast. Enjoyed looking at your calls and getting to talk with you.
See yall next time.

Gut_Pile

Those bamboo scratch boxes are killers for sure. Nice getting to catch up with you Mr. Tim!