Dead mouse in laundry room wall

hiawassee1

Well the smell has gotten to, its dead in a wall in the laundry room, should I cut into the wall and try to find it, or will the smell go away in a few days. It has gotten pretty strong, hate to have to cut several holes in the wall to find it, cause I hate drywall patchwork, about as bas as painting, just not very good at it. Any suggestions? guess the ole outdoor cat let some slip by, gonna have to fire him.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It'll go away in a few days.

StriperAddict

I had this problem in my work and due to the associates in the area with much better noses than myself, well, the work had to get done.
I found I didn't have to tear up much of the wall, either. Chances are if you have a general idea where it is, you'll be close enough for a "timely extraction".

SarahFair

Itll go away in a few days.
I wouldnt go poking holes in my wall for a small mouse

rjcruiser

Get your wife a yankee candle. Cheaper and easier and she'll appreciate it.

shakey gizzard

Well the smell has gotten to, its dead in a wall in the laundry room, should I cut into the wall and try to find it, or will the smell go away in a few days. It has gotten pretty strong, hate to have to cut several holes in the wall to find it, cause I hate drywall patchwork, about as bas as painting, just not very good at it. Any suggestions? guess the ole outdoor cat let some slip by, gonna have to fire him.

You didnt put out a bucket of water with your poision did you?:smash:

hiawassee1

nope, sure wish I could stop them from getting in, this is the second time since we bought the house. The first time the dang thing was in the kids bathroom, and had a litter, bout 10 of them died in there.

By the way those Riddex things you plug in the wall, DONT WORK.

Not sure if they get stuck down there.