South Africa Outfitters?????

Hunk

Hey guys,

I'm looking to go to South Africa for a hunt in 2006-07. Has anyone gone and had a good, or bad, experience? Do you have any outfitters you recommend?

thanks

rip18

I highly recommend the High Adventure Company for several reasons:
1. High Quality of Experience
2. Reasonable Price for Services Delivered
3. Their Experience in Having Done this Repeatedly
4. Their Corporate Vertical Integration (in that they have a degree of control in almost every part of the process)
5. They Have a Local Office in Atlanta Staffed with Really Good People Who Make the Trip Over Several Times a Year

Check them out at http://www.highadventurecompany.com/

Good luck! Sounds like you plan a really good time! If you have any questions about these guys, shoot me a PM.

Chuck Martin

I've been doing the reshearch myself for the last 6 months or so and I've decided on Total Outdoor Adventures/J.P. Kleinhans Safaris in South Africa . Dave Fulson is the sole US Booking Agent out of Texas and I've spoken to him and JP both as well as numerious references. JP has a great reputation amoung Professional Hunters in South Africa having grown up in the business. They have a "first timers deal" including airfare for $5700.00 which includes Kudu, Impala, Springbok, Duiker, Steenbok, Blesbuck, additionally two non-trophy Impala, Baboons and Monkeys. Additional animals can be added for the listed trophy fees which are good compaired to other outfitters. The 14% VAT is included in the package which most outfitters don't cover. If you're interested in going in 06-07 give me a pm and we might be able to hook something up and go together as I'm looking at late May during the Kudu rut.

Good luck either way and good hunting.

ryanwhit

Go with High Adventure!!!! I went to SA over the summer for a month-long class and was able to play hookie from the class and hunted for a couple of days. I killed a kudu, impala, and blesbok. The all make the SCI book, and the blesbok makes Rowland-Ward. High Adventure has got lodges in SA and Zim, and they are first class with TONS of game. I saw more game in 2 days of hunting than I did in 2 weeks in the "way back woods" of one of the top photography preserves in SA (where the class took place). I'll try to attach a some photos.

Attachments

• Impalaresize.JPG
    Impalaresize.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 165
  • Kuduresize.JPG
    Kuduresize.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 173
  • blesbokresize.JPG
    blesbokresize.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 168