Ibex Hunting Outfitters & Experiences

deers2ward

Anyone out there have experience hunting Ibex?

Curious to know who your outfitter was?

Did you have any trouble getting your trophy home to the US?

I'm most interested in Mid-Asian, Bezoar, and Altai, but would love to hear about others as well.

HunterJoe24

I just got back from a Gredos ibex/fallow deer hunt in Spain. It was an incredible hunt. I am planning on going back for another ibex and mouflon in 2025/26. Also going to do a mid-asian or himalayan hunt in 25/26. I can definitely give you the outfitter in Spain contact info or a mid-Asian outfit. If you want to DM me because I do not know what the policy is on that in the forum.

deers2ward

I just got back from a Gredos ibex/fallow deer hunt in Spain. It was an incredible hunt. I am planning on going back for another ibex and mouflon in 2025/26. Also going to do a mid-asian or himalayan hunt in 25/26. I can definitely give you the outfitter in Spain contact info or a mid-Asian outfit. If you want to DM me because I do not know what the policy is on that in the forum.
PM sent

deers2ward

If not already a member , join SCI , their monthly paper has SCI approved outfitters , six very nice magazines each year for $65.
Thank you. I am a SCI member. In general it seems there are many “outfitters” who are nothing more than brokers who are just describing everything in English to me for a healthy markup, but who are not the actual outfitter, and will be of no help after money changes hands if there are expectations not met down the line. Also, getting horns/skulls/capes back to the US seems to be a real issue as of late, so with all of that said, I’m hoping to get referrals from impartial 3rd parties.

huntfish

The Dallas SCI show is January 11-14 this year. There will be hundreds of actual outfitters and PHs on site for you to talk to. One of the best shows in North America.

Here's a map of this year exhibitors

HunterJoe24

The Dallas SCI show is January 11-14 this year. There will be hundreds of actual outfitters and PHs on site for you to talk to. One of the best shows in North America.

Here's a map of this year exhibitors

DSC will be in Atlanta starting 2025 as well. Sheep show is another great show to go to. For Sheep/Goats I actually prefer Sheep show.

huntfish

DSC will be in Atlanta starting 2025 as well. Sheep show is another great show to go to. For Sheep/Goats I actually prefer Sheep show.
Excellent! Didn't know DSC was expanding out. Wish the Texas Trophy Hunters Extravaganza show would come out this way but worth the trip back every year.

deers2ward

W
WSF is going to be starting a Southeastern chapter soon. I’m looking forward to that. Planning to go to Reno in 2025 with some deposit $$ but excited for a shift to the east for WSF beyond the Eastern chapter in PA

Latest posts