Canada deer hunting

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
How many of y’all have hunted Canada. It's been a bucket list trip of mine and now the boys are old enough that I think they would enjoy it. So we want to plan a trip there. What outfitters would y'all recommend? I'm leaning towards Saskatchewan but open to other provinces as well.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
My dad took me for a graduation gift over 30 years ago . Our trip got cut short due to a death in the family . Not sure if they are still in business but we went with Haybay outfitters in Saskatoon Saskatchewan. My dad went a few more times and was successful each trip . He seen this one the first day and passed him and the 2nd day while we were waiting on a flight he went back to same stand and killed him . IMG_4291.jpeg

Hawken2222

I highly recommend Overflow River outfitters in Saskatchewan. They are a small scale family operation with a ton of ground to hunt. Accommodations are first class and they super people. They don’t run lot of people through like other outfitters. They only take a limited amount of people each season . Great people and exceptional hunting!

kayaksteve

I can’t give a specific outfitter but I went to western Ontario with my uncle and grandfather for their last trip in 2008. We didn’t have much success that year but they killed some giants up there over the years. 300+lb body weights was average

fatback

I have deer hunted in Alberta 9 times between 2005 and 2018. I killed 5 mule deer and 4 whitetails. The fella I hunted with doesn’t outfit/guide any more so I’m no help with a recommendation for an outfitter. The main difference is that in Alberta there is no baiting so there is some spot and stalk hunting as well as stand hunting. It’s one heck of a deer hunt in there. You just have to have to proper gear to be able to manage the cold weather. I’ve hunted in -40F up there before. Not only does that take most of the fun out of it, it can be down right dangerous if your not prepared and properly equipped. Here are a few of the deer from up there IMG_6162.jpegIMG_6149.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpgIMG_1589.jpeg

gma1320

My dad took me for a graduation gift over 30 years ago . Our trip got cut short due to a death in the family . Not sure if they are still in business but we went with Haybay outfitters in Saskatoon Saskatchewan. My dad went a few more times and was successful each trip . He seen this one the first day and passed him and the 2nd day while we were waiting on a flight he went back to same stand and killed him . View attachment 1271621
Looks like they are no longer in business

gma1320

I highly recommend Overflow River outfitters in Saskatchewan. They are a small scale family operation with a ton of ground to hunt. Accommodations are first class and they super people. They don’t run lot of people through like other outfitters. They only take a limited amount of people each season . Great people and exceptional hunting!
I looked them up. They seem to run a good outfit

gma1320

I have deer hunted in Alberta 9 times between 2005 and 2018. I killed 5 mule deer and 4 whitetails. The fella I hunted with doesn’t outfit/guide any more so I’m no help with a recommendation for an outfitter. The main difference is that in Alberta there is no baiting so there is some spot and stalk hunting as well as stand hunting. It’s one heck of a deer hunt in there. You just have to have to proper gear to be able to manage the cold weather. I’ve hunted in -40F up there before. Not only does that take most of the fun out of it, it can be down right dangerous if your not prepared and properly equipped. Here are a few of the deer from up there View attachment 1271650View attachment 1271651View attachment 1271652View attachment 1271653View attachment 1271654
Nice deer! So with a tag up their can you kill either species or do you choose your tag?

fatback

The tags are specific to either a whitetail or mule deer in the areas we hunted. Not sure about other places though. The area we hunted had both species around.

gma1320

I'm looking forward to this trip with my boys. We've talked about it for a couple of years now. I am hoping it come to fruition next year. Gonna require some different hunting clothes for sure.