Guided hunt for a 13-year old’s first deer in Georgia?

buckpasser

I wish you well OP. I hope you can both be very excited together during the hunt, however it happens. I’m in the group that finds no harm in hiring a guide if you find one you are comfortable with. That said @Blackston and @antharper are top notch sportsmen and top notch fathers IMO, so I’d see if they can put you on the perfect deal and follow any advice they give.

FWIW, if my dad hadn’t been a hunter, I would have greatly appreciated the gesture of him finding someone to introduce me to hunting. I think you’re doing a great thing! You may well be opening the door for your son’s long and enjoyable hunting career.

Blackston

I know I’m beating a Dead horse …3030 will “guide you , feed you , house you all for FREE ….. Sign him up for all the hunts I bet you’ll probably get picked…. And the day y’all leave he’ll have a chance to win a free rifle …. If ya get on the e mail list they send out notices needing people to sign up for various camps !!!!! Im pretty handy in the woods and when I went I was still blown away by the amenities!!! After the trip you’ll know if he likes it or Not …..

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I know I’m beating a Dead horse …3030 will “guide you , feed you , house you all for FREE ….. Sign him up for all the hunts I bet you’ll probably get picked…. And the day y’all leave he’ll have a chance to win a free rifle …. If ya get on the e mail list they send out notices needing people to sign up for various camps !!!!! Im pretty handy in the woods and when I went I was still blown away by the amenities!!! After the trip you’ll know if he likes it or Not …..
My daughter was lucky enough to go on 3 of their hunts . I kinda felt guilty for even signing her up because she had plenty of opportunities to hunt and fish since she could walk .
But these hunts are so much more. The killing of an animal was just icing on the cake . And it opened my eyes on a different level . I’ve got a little boy I’m half raising now and I can’t wait til he’s old enough to sign up . Out of the years of hunting my daughter talks about these hunts the most . And she did win her a gun and kill a turkey . IMG_3416.jpegIMG_3417.jpegIMG_3418.jpeg

Latest posts