Visit with Sugar Plum

tedsknives

Sugar Plum came by shop today for a visit. She picked out her blade, handle material, pins, and even the leather for the neck carry sheath. It was great to meet such a fine young lady. We will show you the results of putting all this stuff together in a few days. These Rum Creek girls are awesome.

KNIFE PICS ADDED Leather is finished

Attachments

• cb (1200 x 900).jpg
    cb (1200 x 900).jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 784
Last edited:

Sugar Plum

Nurse Shuga
It was so great to meet you, Travis! And super exciting to piece my new knife together!! I can't wait to see the finished product!

K80Shooter

It's going to have some fine looking handles on it. Looking forward to the finished knife.

Sugar Plum

Nurse Shuga
It's going to have some fine looking handles on it. Looking forward to the finished knife.

I especially can't wait to see the handle! I thought I wanted desert ironwood until Travis started bringing out other chunks of gorgeous stuff. :p

wvdawg

Staff member
Yep - awesome block she picked out! Can't wait to see the results!

Whiteeagle

Sorry I couldn't be there to meet Sugar Plum, but from the pics I can see ehe knows what she wants in a knife! I am sure she will like the finished product very much. Maybe I can meet her when she comes to pick it up. Those are going to be some good looking scales on a good looking knife. Post some finished pics soon!......Doug

Sugar Plum

Nurse Shuga
Sorry I couldn't be there to meet Sugar Plum, but from the pics I can see ehe knows what she wants in a knife! I am sure she will like the finished product very much. Maybe I can meet her when she comes to pick it up. Those are going to be some good looking scales on a good looking knife. Post some finished pics soon!......Doug

Doug- I hope to meet you soon, as well. Travis spoke very highly of you! I have to give my wonderful husband credit for teaching me a thing or two about picking out pretty stuff. And Travis gets a great deal of credit for letting me into his sacred shop to pick it all out!! :banana:

Razor Blade

Cant wait to see the finished product. Travis is a top notch knifemaker, it will turn out just fine.

seeker

Hey Sugarplum, Keep us posted on the results. I'm sure that you'll take great pride in ownership.

RobRay

I know you will be very pleased with the outcome. Travis does superior work. I think he keeps bumping me down the list, but I ain't purtty like you.

:cool::)

Whiteeagle

Robray, I know what ya mean about the bumping, but Travis really is busy. Will be worth the wait!

nkbigdog

Yes Sir!! Trav is a top notch craftsman, and I can't wait to see the end product!! Great choice Sugar Plum

Sugar Plum

Nurse Shuga
Thanks y'all! I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm really glad Travis brought out some other handle options. :cheers:

I know you will be very pleased with the outcome. Travis does superior work. I think he keeps bumping me down the list, but I ain't purtty like you.

:cool::)

Aw, thanks. This has been in the works for a while, but I just finally got around to visiting with him to pick the specifics out. It's hard to find time to myself with 3 kids and nursing school. He told me he had orders up in the double digits to get to as well, so I know it feels like you get bumped around.

Whiteeagle

Sugar Plum, we have to give Travis a hard time, not picking on him makes him forget we all love him! He is still "my buddy".

RobRay

Thanks y'all! I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm really glad Travis brought out some other handle options. :cheers:

Aw, thanks. This has been in the works for a while, but I just finally got around to visiting with him to pick the specifics out. It's hard to find time to myself with 3 kids and nursing school. He told me he had orders up in the double digits to get to as well, so I know it feels like you get bumped around.

Sugar Plum, Just glad you are getting your knife. My wife really loves her Chef knife and sheath. I've got two on order and am gladly waiting my turn. Travis is good people and an excellent Craftsman.

:cool:

tedsknives

well, knife is finished, and now for some leather. I threw the horns in just to see what it MIGHT look like if she ever kills one.LOL

Attachments

• 9c (1200 x 900).jpg
    9c (1200 x 900).jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 522
  • 9a (1200 x 900).jpg
    9a (1200 x 900).jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 571
  • 9d (1200 x 900).jpg
    9d (1200 x 900).jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 536
  • 9e (1200 x 900).jpg
    9e (1200 x 900).jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 523
  • 9f (1200 x 900).jpg
    9f (1200 x 900).jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 537

Sugar Plum

Nurse Shuga
HOLY MOLY!!! Travis, that has got to be one of the purtiest knives I have ever seen! I'm so very glad you showed me that chunk of spalted maple. Man, oh man! It's perfect!

Sugar Plum

Nurse Shuga
And don't think I didn't see your jab about the horns....I'm so so dang excited about that purty knife to even come up with a witty response! :bounce:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Great looking knife!!! Love that spalted Maple. Congrats Cortney, beautiful knife Travis!!!

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
:cool: THAT is a keeper for sure!:cheers: