Best Camp Coffee?

wharfrat

We are now officially entering camping season and have yet to find the best method of brewing coffee. Any suggestions for "camp" coffee brewing?

Artfuldodger

Have you tried the Cowboy way? It's good but not to the last drop.
The AeroPress gets good reviews and some people take it camping. I have one and I like it. It only makes one cup at a time. It works better turned upside down instead of the way they tell you to use it.
Probably see this method on Youtube.
http://www.amazon.com/AeroPress-Cof...832786&sr=8-3&keywords=aeropress+coffee+maker

I could probably get buy drinking Nescafe Classico for a few days. It's one of the best instants. My daughter boils water in a billy can and let's each camper use it for tea, coffee, grits, or oatmeal.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Start out with fresh cold water, thrown in a handful of coarse grind 8 o`clock or any good brand of coffee, set on the fire, let it boil over 3 times, and you got a pot of good coffee.

Attachments

• 100_1916.jpg
    100_1916.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 696

Sargent

I have an old percolator. Not the best, but it works.

specialk

when camping i have a percolator a bought from walmart a few years back.......works great.....i use folgers columbian blend......

Attachments

• 0009049715154_500X500.jpg
    0009049715154_500X500.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 592

pstrahin

Put the coffe grounds in a dirty sock. Put the sock in a pot of water. Put the pot of water on the fire. Serves 2 purposes. Cleans your sock and makes coffee. :cheers:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I use an old tin perculator. Just got done packing it up for the weekend hunt.

Sterlo58

Got one of those myself. I use the old fill it with grounds up to the second knuckle of my finger method. Makes a great cup a joe.

Gaswamp

I love Nics way, like the old perculators, and can even do instant if I have to. However, if you ever get you one of these you want look back.

http://www.chemexcoffeemaker.com/

Too-Tall

Instant Nescafe tasters choice single serve coffee, great in the woods.
detail_colombian.jpg

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
When camping I use a french press and love it.

Nugefan

Start out with fresh cold water, thrown in a handful of coarse grind 8 o`clock or any good brand of coffee, set on the fire, let it boil over 3 times, and you got a pot of good coffee.

oh yee yaw Baby ...:cool:

greg_n_clayton

I use one of these as well.
I got a couple of them. Wish I could get my hands on a bigger one. Never wash mine, just rnse it out good after a use.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Yep, I tend to agree, but the French did manage to get a couple of other things right too.

pnome

If you go the perculator route, pay the little extra and get a stainless steel one.