Yeti-insulated thermos

Kwaksmoka

I’ve got a yeti “water bottle” 26oz that I use to take a cup of coffee in the mornings. I typically go to the woods or go to the gym and there may be an hour or 2 before I drink the coffee out of it. However I’ve found that it’s warm at best over that period of time. I’ve tried the yeti cups to keep it warm but no luck. I used to have an Rtic thermos that did great and would keep it warm for 4 hours, unfortunately I mistakenly through it away one day. My other rtic does what the yeti does. Any recommendations out there? Thanks

georgia_home

i been using the large tervis??? Tumbler for years.

I wouldn’t say it’s as good as a full on thermos, but it works for me. iirc 20oz , the large one. 2hrs, probably just warm, same was what you’re using now

I’ll run the experiment today, with just black coffee. No milk. I dilute pretty well, 2/1, so that’s probably a big part

TJay

I use a Klean Kanteen as long as it's not too cold and it works pretty well. If it's really cold I use a thermos. If you're not out in the elements the Kleen Kanteen will keep your coffee hot for hours.

Kwaksmoka

thanks for the replies, i've used a Tervis for years before switching to the yeti, I do think I may give the ol Stanley a try. they have become a fad around here and the price has skyrocketed!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
thanks for the replies, i've used a Tervis for years before switching to the yeti, I do think I may give the ol Stanley a try. they have become a fad around here and the price has skyrocketed!

My wife bought me a Thermos brand thermos. Coffee goes in hot at 6 am and it's still warm at noon.

ClemsonRangers

we use a 40 oz Thermos, keeps coffee hot for 3 hours or more

Image result for 40 oz thermos

Tight Lines

For the long sits in the tree stand I use a Zojirushi. If you put hot water in it before you fill it up, it will stay hot all day and will even be lukewarm the next day when I pour it out and do it again.

I have a couple of big Yeti bottles, 64 oz. that will stay hot or cold for a while too, but they are big and have a screw top. I put them in the fridge with the top off the night before and then fill them with ice and throw them in the SxS. Hot as Hades out and they'll have ice at days end...

The typical mugs with the top that has a hole it in cool off quite a bit faster in my experience...

Tight Lines

They don't make mine anymore, but it's like this...20 oz. I think...

Amazon has them...

transfixer

as above, pre-heating makes a huge difference, pouring hot coffee into a room temperature or cold insulated cup or thermos it will lose heat quickly as its being absorbed by the cup or thermos initially,

Reactions: Dub

pjciii

Those make it real easy to run into a Race track or QT and get 39oz sugar free soda to hold ya over till the Race track 5 miles down the road.

"Why can't I loose any weight? All I drink is diet soda"

specialk

i run hot water from the tap and fill my thermos then pour it out and fill again then cap it.....then make my coffee, when done pour out water and fill with coffee...it'll stay HOT for 12 hrs at least....

KentuckyHeadhunter

For coffee the Zojirushi 22oz will still be scalding hot a long after the Yeti has expired. It has a locking and spill proof lid so you can throw it in your pack.